E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealer BS Meter Check Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 07:10 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 13 X5 35i M-Sport (Sold) 535i M-Sport - (Sold) 07 530i Sport Gray - (Traded) 04 530i Sport Gray
Model Year: 2004
Default Stealer BS Meter Check Please!!!

So...I'm currently @BMW Northwest to have them complete a recall that I believe and hope will clear and cure the BST Cable Passenger Restraint Error. I'm also having them complete the I-Level software update that's available ($150).

Here's where I need the BS Meter Checked. This SA says he can't give me the vehicle printout history because it's confidential information. Even going as far as saying he couldn't give me what previous owners have or may have done to the car! I told him do you realize how absurd that sounds??!! And then says he can write it down but can give me the printout.

I know it can been done...another SA gave me the printout on the BMW I owned about a week before returning it to get this car!!

Do I challenge by asking the SM??

On another note, from glancing at the printout, I am confused since I saw it say CCC when I have a MASK w/no navigation. So that makes me more curious about the printout to see what all is available on the car - and just needs to be activated or turned on...i.e. BT!!!

Thanks for insight.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Service history won't help with learning what features are on the car.

I have gotten both responses on service history so I am not surprised you got this answer.

If he is willing to write it out then let him do that. It certainly is not his first choice to manually write it out for you but he has guidelines that restrict what he can do.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:58 AM
New Members

My Ride: 13 X5 35i M-Sport (Sold) 535i M-Sport - (Sold) 07 530i Sport Gray - (Traded) 04 530i Sport Gray

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Service history won't help with learning what features are on the car.

I have gotten both responses on service history so I am not surprised you got this answer.

If he is willing to write it out then let him do that. It certainly is not his first choice to manually write it out for you but he has guidelines that restrict what he can do.
Not the "Service History!!" I'm not sure the official name for it but service history can and may be included but thats not what I'm talking about. The service history is similar if not the same info found on a Carfax Report -- oil changes, owner/title changes, etc.

The printout and info I'm talking about shows all feature sets and capabilities from the factory - it does show features -- I believe.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i e21 320i
Model Year: 2005 1981
Engine: M54 M10

Originally Posted by Tsoup
Not the "Service History!!" I'm not sure the official name for it but service history can and may be included but thats not what I'm talking about. The service history is similar if not the same info found on a Carfax Report -- oil changes, owner/title changes, etc.

The printout and info I'm talking about shows all feature sets and capabilities from the factory - it does show features -- I believe.
That's a simple one.... Go here: https://www.bmwvin.com
Enter your vin number and receive all options that were installed on the car at time of assembly.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:56 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by jtbgonesailing
That's a simple one.... Go here: https://www.bmwvin.com
Enter your vin number and receive all options that were installed on the car at time of assembly.
Thanks...it is similar to this but I believe contains more info and/or detail. I actually used bmwarchive.org - which was better formatted -- that was 2yrs ago. Now, all browsers I've tried won't return the final output after inserting VIN. But I already have it.

I decided not to press. thx..
Old 03-27-2017, 03:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Engine: N62

Got the same runaround once. Guy wouldn't give me the previous service history even though he had been the service manager for the previous owner. He did, however, allow me to sit there and play his game, which involved me asking specific questions: "Has the water pump been replaced? Has the XYZ and the ABC been repaired?" Annoying, but I got some of the information I wanted.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 550i M Sport. GPS, Satallite, Active suspension, Silver over Black in color with beige. 68k on the clock. My 10th BMW in forty years.
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 550 Msport

At the top of this page, you will find the VIN Decoder. Enjoy.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:57 PM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

Your key fob will show all dealer repairs, recalls, vin, and dealer work only. Previous work done with prior owners are confidential because of owners info. Your fob will have your info on it as well. The fob is the vehicle and tells substancial info.