5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Private Member Classifieds (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/)
-   -   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/wtb-vorsteiner-hood-vents-104784/)

designo 10-20-2010 10:31 AM

You da man AJ :twoup:

mark_hk 10-21-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by bimmerboyali (Post 1257617)
Not to cut off anyone but the eBay seller is in Sourhern Cali and I live in Northern Ca. So I was thinking to get a hold of him and see if he will do a groupbuy and I can maybe test fit one.

It seems that we may have 10 to 12 people interested. So I'll start checking also and in the meantime if the Hong Kong vendor can get us a price, we can compare it. It seems we have people interested from all over the world. So shipping is going to be the big issue here.

So if your interested please email me at Subwayali@yahoo.com and let me know. Just to let people know I am in no way involved with the EBay seller and I am not making any monies here. I too am interested in this hood and want to help other members save money if possible and make another mod to our beloved E60.

I also started a groupbuy on Jenhert custom door panel speakers for all us car audio freaks, if anyone is interested. Check it out in the groupbuy section.

Thanks
AJ

Sounds good buddy. Not sure where the product on ebay is from, but ive met the manufacturer and he brought the product down from his factory in China into HK and did a test fit to made sure everything fitted properly before getting the body shop to paint it... I will try and see what we can do on a group buy, but not sure what the results will be.

Will let u guys know!

bimmerboyali 10-22-2010 10:51 AM

Ok I just got off the phone with Rocky at Option Racing, he is a vendor on Ebay. Check out there web site www.optionracing.com He said that they do not have many more hoods left with the vents. He is checking stock, and will get back to me. He said that a former employee has test fitted one and after tweeking it a bit, it fits very flush, obviously we cant just take his word for it, so I asked him to send me photos of it.

The biggest saving he said is going to be shipping. He will only charge exact shipping charges to whatever destination. So obviously the closer u are to Southern Cali, the cheaper it is. You can also pick it up at the warehouse, which is in The City of Industry.(WEIRD NAME FOR A CITY)

They also sell other bodykits, so check them out. I will update everyone with a price when he gets back to me. :twoup:

naj155 10-22-2010 01:34 PM

so shipping to sydney will be damn expensive?? :cry:

skunkd 10-22-2010 03:19 PM

yea i would imagine this would only be useful for people within the us...

the rest of you have a better chance going direct from the manufacturer

naj155 10-22-2010 05:04 PM

do u know the manufacturer?

skunkd 10-22-2010 09:01 PM

mark_hk is in contact with them, we'll see what happens :cool:

mark_hk 10-24-2010 06:42 PM

The hood is being painted today and should be ready to be installed by Wednesday, Hong Kong time!

Looking forward to it... it better look good! ha ha

skunkd 10-24-2010 07:37 PM

Sweet! If u could get any info on those cf vent inserts for me once you have it figured out lemme know. cant wait to see your update on wed!

snazzi 10-25-2010 05:14 AM

I am also interested in hood.. please post details when possible.. original is way to pricey....