5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Private Member Classifieds (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/)
-   -   WTB:Vorsteiner hood with vents (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/wtb-vorsteiner-hood-vents-104784/)

wolfgang0524 10-05-2010 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by mark_hk (Post 1249179)

Is that an actual picture of the product or is that a Vorsteiner hood? If it is the actual product, it looks like it might have the same front fitment issues that many have complained about with the Vorsteiner.

Definitely let us know what you think when you get it installed and post a bunch of pictures. Are you planning on leaving it carbon fiber or paint it to match the car? It seems like there is quite a bit of interest in this hood if it fits well and the price is right.

skunkd 10-05-2010 07:18 AM

Ill order now gimme the info! Lol

mark_hk 10-05-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by wolfgang0524 (Post 1249261)
Is that an actual picture of the product or is that a Vorsteiner hood? If it is the actual product, it looks like it might have the same front fitment issues that many have complained about with the Vorsteiner.

Definitely let us know what you think when you get it installed and post a bunch of pictures. Are you planning on leaving it carbon fiber or paint it to match the car? It seems like there is quite a bit of interest in this hood if it fits well and the price is right.

Its a picture of the product... Not sure about fitment, but have 100% guarantee on it. Price that has been quoted includes the bonnet, colour coding it to match rest of my car (apart from carbon grills) and installation. If im not happy with the fitment, they will re-do another bonnet.

AKAlius 10-05-2010 10:20 AM

I want one too. Please post up their contact info.

mark_hk 10-06-2010 04:01 AM

Got confirmation that it will be ready in 14 days.

I questioned whether there will be a gap as described in the other post, and they will ensure that i am 100% happy with the fit before they have it painted...!

Sounds good to me! Fingers crossed!!!!!

IndyRedBeast 10-06-2010 11:20 AM

Let us know soon. Very interested in a painted one!

mark_hk 10-10-2010 03:16 PM

Arrives today... as long as it gets through customs OK!

Faster than I expected!!!

Kaizen 10-10-2010 03:23 PM

The suspense is killing me!! haha. I have been following this thread and I can't wait to see what the end result will look like. Also, ball park figure on the cost? An earlier post of yours says, "ALOT" less than the original. How much is A LOT? Pm if you prefer :thumbsup:

mark_hk 10-10-2010 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kaizen (Post 1252274)
The suspense is killing me!! haha. I have been following this thread and I can't wait to see what the end result will look like. Also, ball park figure on the cost? An earlier post of yours says, "ALOT" less than the original. How much is A LOT? Pm if you prefer :thumbsup:

Ha ha ha! Yeah, i am sure everyone does want to know the cost - ive had a few PM's about it!

Unfortunately I cant release the price i paid as it was a sort of "favour" from the guy... Let me talk to him when i go down to get it installed and see what price i should quote.

IndyRedBeast 10-10-2010 06:05 PM

Common man we can't wait this long!