5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Private Member Classifieds (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/)
-   -   WTB: ORIGINAL 2009 NAVIGATION DVD (https://5series.net/forums/private-member-classifieds-37/wtb-original-2009-navigation-dvd-81823/)

itz MURDAH 07-21-2009 04:17 PM

I'm looking to buy the original 2009 navigation dvd disc for e60. For some reason my player does not read burnt copies of the navigation disc. :/ thanks.

John@Motorcepts 07-21-2009 04:33 PM

does my 2005 DVD work?

v_therussian 07-21-2009 04:40 PM

Why not just d/l and burn, like everyone else? :P

itz MURDAH 07-21-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='949542' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:40 PM
Why not just d/l and burn, like everyone else? :P

My idrive sucks in my car lol it does not play the burnt navigaion dvd only the original

itz MURDAH 07-21-2009 10:45 PM

If the burnt copy of the 2009 navigation dvd works for you then you probably do not have any need for the original dvd :) ... ebay has it for around $150 bmw has it for $200 ... I'm willing to pay $100

luigi524td 07-26-2009 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Krazi Bluntz' post='949935' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:45 AM
If the burnt copy of the 2009 navigation dvd works for you then you probably do not have any need for the original dvd :) ... ebay has it for around $150 bmw has it for $200 ... I'm willing to pay $100

Most of those ebay sellers are stealing your money and selling you copies of "original" Navtek / BMW DVDs.

Even when they display a photo of the real deal, what you get is a burned copy. It's illegal (in the United States). You can occasionally find someone selling the real deal ... mostly because they bought a legit DVD and don't need the previous version. And for many locations a 2007/2005 map is perfectly usable - it might not have new new roads or exits or POIs that were recently built. But if you can live with that you can save some money.

In any case, if you ask the seller first, "If this the original DVD OR a copy?" the legit sellers will let you know; if you don't get an answer ... you've gotten the answer!

theXman 07-26-2009 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='954408' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:05 AM
Most of those ebay sellers are stealing your money and selling you copies of "original" Navtek / BMW DVDs.

Even when they display a photo of the real deal, what you get is a burned copy. It's illegal (in the United States). You can occasionally find someone selling the real deal ... mostly because they bought a legit DVD and don't need the previous version. And for many locations a 2007/2005 map is perfectly usable - it might not have new new roads or exits or POIs that were recently built. But if you can live with that you can save some money.

In any case, if you ask the seller first, "If this the original DVD OR a copy?" the legit sellers will let you know; if you don't get an answer ... you've gotten the answer!

Good advice about those being sold on eBay.

luigi524td 07-26-2009 07:54 AM

I was just chatting about this with a buddy of mine ... he just came back from a business trip, had valet parked his BMW at a hotel for 3 days. When he left the hotel his NAV wasn't working ... and he came to discover that the DVD wasn't in the drive !!

So, he zipped back to the hotel and talked to the manager who (of course) apologized profusely but couldn't imagine that any of their staff would steal a DVD!!

YEA RIGHT! Then he pointed to the disclaimer on the garage parking stub, "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR Valuables left in the car"!!

I reminded him that when I was on the road a lot I never gave a thought to the CD/DVD in my car's Nav ... but always cleared out loose change and anything of any value. Saw something on 60 Minutes a while back about how parking lot attendants are curious about everything left in cars and not above stealing!

So, until I get a BMW w/hard drive NAV I'm imaging my original NAVTEK/BMW DVD and using that in my own car. I'll keep the original at home in the safe with my other stuff!

Wonder how many of these DVD's on Ebay are thefts!?!?