Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB: One spare wheel/tire combo (Little Rock AK -Memphis TN

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011 | 10:12 AM
Contributors

Looking to buy one wheel and tire super cheap as a spare just in case my wife needs one: 17,18, 19, 20 spare all work

tire currently has a slow leak on a new tire so just as a precaution looking to buy one from a member in any of those areas that could bring it to her in case she needs it

cell is 208 477 3074

email is mizzleman@aol.com

if you can help out at all that would be awesom
Old 11-06-2011 | 10:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

I take it that a can of fix-a-flat or just simply checking the tire pressure whenever you stop for gas is not an option?
Old 11-06-2011 | 10:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
Looking to buy one wheel and tire super cheap as a spare just in case my wife needs one: 17,18, 19, 20 spare all work

tire currently has a slow leak on a new tire so just as a precaution looking to buy one from a member in any of those areas that could bring it to her in case she needs it
cell is 208 477 3074
email is mizzleman@aol.com
if you can help out at all that would be awesom
Slow leaks are a real nuisance - good luck with locating a spare wheel/tire since there should be a few of them floating around and since it's going to be a "just in case" situation the overall condition isn't critical.

Is there no chance to find out why it's leaking a get it fixed? If there are no obvious punctures or rim cracks the next most overlooked leak point is the tire valve stem or the stem insert. That's an easy cheap fix since you probably don't have TPMS.

BTW - someone suggested a WTB section on the forum - it's cases like this that really would make a good case for it
Old 11-06-2011 | 11:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Slow leaks are a real nuisance - good luck with locating a spare wheel/tire since there should be a few of them floating around and since it's going to be a "just in case" situation the overall condition isn't critical.

Is there no chance to find out why it's leaking a get it fixed? If there are no obvious punctures or rim cracks the next most overlooked leak point is the tire valve stem or the stem insert. That's an easy cheap fix since you probably don't have TPMS.

BTW - someone suggested a WTB section on the forum - it's cases like this that really would make a good case for it

ya it has been for us both, as far as figuring out the leak we brought it a few places but because its a stretched wheel/tire combo nobody wants to touch it really

the car has FTM only and thats been a really big help but shes still about a days drive out from benning in georgia
Old 11-06-2011 | 11:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka
I take it that a can of fix-a-flat or just simply checking the tire pressure whenever you stop for gas is not an option?

shes been checking tire pressure every 40 miles or so and its slowly going down so she is filling it up but i dont want her to get stranded out there