Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB: Nightvision camera

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

Hey guys ,
I was driving on I-95 last night and there are some spots on there that are really poorly lit and it got me thinking "wish I had the NV option this would be the perfect time" anyhow,
I've been searching around and havent been able to find anyone who is selling the part other than this one guy on eBay asking 4.5k for it. Anyone one here want to sell/trade there NV unit.
I'm over in LI, NY
Cheers
Rab
2010 535xi cic
Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

I know u might think its funny but I have high end night vision goggles. Much more affordable than night vision camera, which is half as good.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:06 AM
Members

My Ride: | 2010 535i x-drive | Monaco Blue Metallic | Cream Beige Dakota | 6 Spd Manual | Sport | Cold Weather | Premium | HUD | Navi | Logic 7 |

And no car required!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Yup, car is optional :-)
Old 08-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by TheRab
Hey guys ,
I was driving on I-95 last night and there are some spots on there that are really poorly lit and it got me thinking "wish I had the NV option this would be the perfect time" anyhow,
I've been searching around and havent been able to find anyone who is selling the part other than this one guy on eBay asking 4.5k for it. Anyone one here want to sell/trade there NV unit.
I'm over in LI, NY
Cheers
Rab
2010 535xi cic

The factory installed option for N/V was only 2.2k. IIRC you could source the camera from an OEM parts site for 2-3k.

I wouldn't consider this retrofit unless you can source the parts on the CHEAP. You will still need the camera bracket, wiring, dashboard modification, and coding to make it work.

If I were to buy an F10, this option would be one of the first I'd drop if I was cutting the purchase price. I sometimes drive in rural areas where it comes in handy, but the system has its limitations (doesn't work in rain/fog and you have to constantly look at the iDrive display) Frankly the Bi-Xenons along with high beams do a pretty good job of keeping things visible.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka' timestamp='[url="tel:1344869542"
1344869542[/url]' post='1462865]
The factory installed option for N/V was only 2.2k. IIRC you could source the camera from an OEM parts site for 2-3k.

I wouldn't consider this retrofit unless you can source the parts on the CHEAP. You will still need the camera bracket, wiring, dashboard modification, and coding to make it work.

If I were to buy an F10, this option would be one of the first I'd drop if I was cutting the purchase price. I sometimes drive in rural areas where it comes in handy, but the system has its limitations (doesn't work in rain/fog and you have to constantly look at the iDrive display) Frankly the Bi-Xenons along with high beams do a pretty good job of keeping things visible.
What I was hoping for was to see if I can purchase the camera sensor used from the forums then get the bracket and other wiring from realoem. The coding I could handle, it's a shot in the dark (pun intended but maybe someone has a totalled car they're prating out with the NV feature.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Members

Was this nightvision or a thermal camera? I'd think a thermal would be better for this application
Old 08-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Sl8tr
Was this nightvision or a thermal camera? I'd think a thermal would be better for this application
The camera uses IR