Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

WTB: Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Looking to get my hands on some headlights for me to do some experimentation and customization on.

My preferences go from:
  1. Pre-LCI (Bi-?)Xenon
  2. Pre-LCI Halogen
  3. LCI Bi-Xenon
  4. LCI Halogen

Not sure if the Pre-LCIs are available in Bi-Xenon, but if so, I wouldn't mind those

My e60 is an end of '06 (model 2007) model, so I already have LM2 - upgrading to the LCI ones would mostly be a matter of wiring.

My plan is...

If I get my hands on a set of LCI headlights, I'll be putting Orion's on them and probably calling it a day.. I think. They're already awesome as-is.
On a set of Pre-LCI lights.. Orion's are going on them, as are several other ideas I have.

Lemme know if you have anything
Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got what you looking for. Check out my old post the headlights are not sold yet.
OLD POST
Old 08-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Ricapar
Looking to get my hands on some headlights for me to do some experimentation and customization on.

My preferences go from:
  1. Pre-LCI (Bi-?)Xenon
  2. Pre-LCI Halogen
  3. LCI Bi-Xenon
  4. LCI Halogen

Not sure if the Pre-LCIs are available in Bi-Xenon, but if so, I wouldn't mind those

My e60 is an end of '06 (model 2007) model, so I already have LM2 - upgrading to the LCI ones would mostly be a matter of wiring.

My plan is...

If I get my hands on a set of LCI headlights, I'll be putting Orion's on them and probably calling it a day.. I think. They're already awesome as-is.
On a set of Pre-LCI lights.. Orion's are going on them, as are several other ideas I have.

Lemme know if you have anything
Going by your picture, if you were to go to LCI xenon, you will still need a new light module. Your current LCM cannot control xenon's adaptives. Additionally, there's the coding of course.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Going by your picture, if you were to go to LCI xenon, you will still need a new light module. Your current LCM cannot control xenon's adaptives. Additionally, there's the coding of course.
Really? I don't have links to specific threads off the top of my head, but I do recall reading in a few of them that if you did have LM2, you were all set.. Or is the xenon adaptive part a completely different thing regardless of if you have LM1 or LM2?

If that's the case, I'll scratch that one off my list. Or I could wire/fiddle around with them and get them in without the adaptive part... has that been done before?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Ricapar
Really? I don't have links to specific threads off the top of my head, but I do recall reading in a few of them that if you did have LM2, you were all set.. Or is the xenon adaptive part a completely different thing regardless of if you have LM1 or LM2?

If that's the case, I'll scratch that one off my list. Or I could wire/fiddle around with them and get them in without the adaptive part... has that been done before?
Do your research if you want, but I am giving you the synopsis already. The LM's are specific depending on halogen/xenon lights. You can do the conversion easily if you are on LM2 and going to the same light platform. I would actually tell you to go to LCI halogen anyway. LCI xenon's cornering light with the lens plus shiny chrome shroud is a lot less appealing to me.

As for working it without adaptive feature. I am sure it can be dicked around enough to work, but do you really want the headache after spending more money for the headlights already? To put it in perspective, you can get a set of new LCI halogen headlights for about $1100. For LCI xenons, you're looking at $1400-$1600 (or maybe less since the AHL unit is technically not required for your case).

Needing me to explain this, you probably should do more research first anyway.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Senior Members

I have a set of halogen pre lci for sale. I also have a passenger sider pre lci xenon that would be perfect for the orions since the the oem fiber optic cable need to be taken out. I am selling that one for real cheap.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Members

i have lci headlights here they are complete pair

https://5series.net/forums/topic/116...ts-wheels-etc/
Old 08-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Senior Members

Thanks nomis_nehc - I have been doing my best to read around and fully inform myself as best I could, but apparently I did miss some things

Still open to the possibility of Pre-LCI halogens, given that the deal is really good.. But I'm really leaning towards LCI Halogens now. If anyone has those, those are now the #1 spot on the list.

I did find these:
http://www.oelighting.com/index/page...oduct_id/1404/

Has anyone done anything with that site before? It seems like a really good deal.. (Cheapest legit-looking ones I've seen on eBay are going for $450-ish).

Some reassurance would be greatly appreciated before I hop on board with those!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Hoping to get some reputation-check on the link above, if possible. They do have really good prices (I'd be able to get me both LCI-Halogens for $650 shipped)... but that's also a bit disconcerting. Next contender for the same ones is $850 shipped from eBay.