Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Tires: Continental ContiSport Contact 2 (2- 255/40/19 and 2- 2 285/35/

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Guys,

I just bought a set of perfect (like new) 167 rims (M6 offset) and I'm now selling the tires off of them. They are in perfect shape and to my understanding, they will fit any M6 or M5, as well as a non-M 5-series as long as your rims have the right offset (M5-offset) or you've rolled your fenders (please check fitment for youself). The rims and tires only have 80 miles on them before they were swapped out for 20's. They are in mint condition and are basically in new condition. I really wish they fit my car as they look great and have a very aggressive looking tread pattern and side wall. Please PM me an offer if you're interested. I'm in Northern VA, but could ship for the right price. The set goes for $1,218 on Tirerack.......why pay retail?.....these are in perfect shape (I'll try to post pictures later)

These tires took second place in Road and Track's tests off the top Max Performance Tires (listed on Tirerack...scored above PS2's)

Description of tire:
The Continental ContiSportContact 2 is a Max Performance Summer tire that was developed to meet the needs of the drivers of powerful sports cars, sports coupes and luxury sedans. The ContiSportContact 2 features Continental's bionic* contour and bionic* compound technology to enhance braking and handling as well as resistance to hydroplaning. The Continental ContiSportContact 2 is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. While the ContiSportContact 2 is intended to eventually replace the original ContiSportContact, the original ContiSportContact is expected to remain available in selected sizes for some time.

On the outside, the ContiSportContact 2 features a bionic tread compound technology that is based on nature. The design of a spider's web -- which is both elastic and stable -- was used for the first time in the creation of a tire compound that is both flexible and firm. The bionic tread compound is molded into an asymmetric tread design that enhances steering response and steering precision while the tire's continuous ribs provide the circumferential stiffness to transmit drive and braking forces. The continuous circumferential tread grooves between the ribs help disperse water to resist hydroplaning. Internally, the ContiSportContact 2 tire features Continental's "Advanced Mold Contour" (AMC), which allows the tire to become wider during braking to help shorten stopping distances. The ContiSportContact 2 features twin steel belts reinforced by nylon to stabilize the tread area and enhance handling as well as high-speed capability.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='647376' date='Aug 15 2008, 10:17 AM
Guys,

I just bought a set of perfect (like new) 167 rims (M6 offset) and I'm now selling the tires off of them. They are in perfect shape and to my understanding, they will fit any M6 or M5, as well as a non-M 5-series as long as your rims have the right offset (M5-offset) or you've rolled your fenders (please check fitment for youself). The rims and tires only have 80 miles on them before they were swapped out for 20's. They are in mint condition and are basically in new condition. I really wish they fit my car as they look great and have a very aggressive looking tread pattern and side wall. Please PM me an offer if you're interested. I'm in Northern VA, but could ship for the right price. The set goes for $1,218 on Tirerack.......why pay retail?.....these are in perfect shape (I'll try to post pictures later)

These tires took second place in Road and Track's tests off the top Max Performance Tires (listed on Tirerack...scored above PS2's)

Description of tire:
The Continental ContiSportContact 2 is a Max Performance Summer tire that was developed to meet the needs of the drivers of powerful sports cars, sports coupes and luxury sedans. The ContiSportContact 2 features Continental's bionic* contour and bionic* compound technology to enhance braking and handling as well as resistance to hydroplaning. The Continental ContiSportContact 2 is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. While the ContiSportContact 2 is intended to eventually replace the original ContiSportContact, the original ContiSportContact is expected to remain available in selected sizes for some time.

On the outside, the ContiSportContact 2 features a bionic tread compound technology that is based on nature. The design of a spider's web -- which is both elastic and stable -- was used for the first time in the creation of a tire compound that is both flexible and firm. The bionic tread compound is molded into an asymmetric tread design that enhances steering response and steering precision while the tire's continuous ribs provide the circumferential stiffness to transmit drive and braking forces. The continuous circumferential tread grooves between the ribs help disperse water to resist hydroplaning. Internally, the ContiSportContact 2 tire features Continental's "Advanced Mold Contour" (AMC), which allows the tire to become wider during braking to help shorten stopping distances. The ContiSportContact 2 features twin steel belts reinforced by nylon to stabilize the tread area and enhance handling as well as high-speed capability.
What is the price for 2 rears?
Old 08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='647790' date='Aug 15 2008, 09:38 PM
What is the price for 2 rears?
Initially, I am going to try and sell them as a set, but I'll let you know if I decide to break it up.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='649521' date='Aug 18 2008, 11:39 PM
Initially, I am going to try and sell them as a set, but I'll let you know if I decide to break it up.

Thanks
PM's replied to Thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='650142' date='Aug 19 2008, 05:28 PM
PM's replied to Thanks!

I believe these are sold, but in case it falls through, here are a few pics of the tires. The tires are wet in a few of the pics, but you can see the sidewall and the tread depth in them.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Tires: Continental ContiSport Contact 2 (2- 255/40/19 and 2- 2 285/35/-img_0688.jpg   Tires: Continental ContiSport Contact 2 (2- 255/40/19 and 2- 2 285/35/-img_0691.jpg   Tires: Continental ContiSport Contact 2 (2- 255/40/19 and 2- 2 285/35/-img_0692.jpg   Tires: Continental ContiSport Contact 2 (2- 255/40/19 and 2- 2 285/35/-img_0693.jpg   Tires: Continental ContiSport Contact 2 (2- 255/40/19 and 2- 2 285/35/-img_0697.jpg  

Old 08-27-2008, 10:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs up

How much for all four tires?

Eddie Presley

===============================

Originally Posted by Tbone550i' post='647376' date='Aug 15 2008, 11:17 AM
Guys,

Description of tire:

Old 09-03-2008, 04:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Presley348' post='656082' date='Aug 28 2008, 02:50 AM
How much for all four tires?

Eddie Presley

===============================
I'll know better later today, but these may be back up for sale. I have received a lot of PM's on this board as well as the M5 Board, which I will try to reply to. I will know for sure later today. The first buyer already ordered tires (retail shop) and is trying to back out of purchasing them to not waste ~$500. Also, I don't have a tool to measure tread depth, but by doing some measuring of my own, it looks like it is just about 10/32nds, which is what I expected. Again these are beautiful tires and are in great shape. I just wish they fit my car!!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Members

These are for sale again! The last buyer was unable to back out of a previously ordered set (still trying, but unlikely). I'm selling for $775 for the set of 4 (a 45% discount for virtually new tires). I'm willing to ship, but buyer pays costs. Firm on price at this point as I had a lot of PM's on both sites (M5Board/E60).

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Members

Bump...
Old 09-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Members

bump