Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Tires: 4 Continental ContiSport Contact 2 - Two 255/40/19 ZR and two 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Guys,

I just bought a set of perfect (like new) 167 rims (M6 offset) and I'm now selling the tires off of them. They are in perfect shape and to my understanding, they will fit any M6 or M5, as well as a non-M 5-series as long as your rims have the right offset (M5-offset) or you've rolled your fenders (please check fitment for youself). The rims and tires only have 80 miles on them before they were swapped out for 20's. They are in mint condition and are basically in new condition. I really wish they fit my car as they look great and have a very aggressive looking tread pattern and side wall. Please PM me an offer if you're interested. I'm in Northern VA, but could ship for the right price. The set goes for $1,218 on Tirerack.......why pay retail?.....these are in perfect shape (I'll try to post pictures later)

These tires took second place in Road and Track's tests off the top Max Performance Tires (listed on Tirerack...scored above PS2's)

Description of tire:
The Continental ContiSportContact 2 is a Max Performance Summer tire that was developed to meet the needs of the drivers of powerful sports cars, sports coupes and luxury sedans. The ContiSportContact 2 features Continental's bionic* contour and bionic* compound technology to enhance braking and handling as well as resistance to hydroplaning. The Continental ContiSportContact 2 is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. While the ContiSportContact 2 is intended to eventually replace the original ContiSportContact, the original ContiSportContact is expected to remain available in selected sizes for some time.

On the outside, the ContiSportContact 2 features a bionic tread compound technology that is based on nature. The design of a spider's web -- which is both elastic and stable -- was used for the first time in the creation of a tire compound that is both flexible and firm. The bionic tread compound is molded into an asymmetric tread design that enhances steering response and steering precision while the tire's continuous ribs provide the circumferential stiffness to transmit drive and braking forces. The continuous circumferential tread grooves between the ribs help disperse water to resist hydroplaning. Internally, the ContiSportContact 2 tire features Continental's "Advanced Mold Contour" (AMC), which allows the tire to become wider during braking to help shorten stopping distances. The ContiSportContact 2 features twin steel belts reinforced by nylon to stabilize the tread area and enhance handling as well as high-speed capability.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Members

Dude do you have 4 X 255/40/19's if so I will take them the price seems fair... Please contact me at dcalvano1999@yahoo.com
Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Originally Posted by davidcalvano' post='810305' date='Mar 7 2009, 08:40 PM
Dude do you have 4 X 255/40/19's if so I will take them the price seems fair... Please contact me at dcalvano1999@yahoo.com

Sorry, these are long gone. If it helps you at all.....they went for $855 and were a staggered set of M5/M6 wheels in great shape.