Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Summer OFFER : FREE BMW OEM LED Licence plate retrofit cables

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

From now until the 15th of Sep 2008 every order placed for my V5 cables (to retrofit the LCI taillights on your pre-LCI car) will also receive my cables to connect the BMW OEM LED Licence plate lights FREE of charge.

The Licence plate light retrofit cables are made from BMW OEM pin contacts, wire and connectors. Even the resistor is a Tyco branded one, the same manufacturer that makes all the OEM plugs and connectors. The resistor does not get hot and can safely be used with the boot / trunk lid.

This set will convert the entire rear of the car to using BMW OEM LED lights.

Note : No lights are included in the sale and you have to get them from your BMW dealer. I can supply them at cost if you require them but I suspect you may be able to find them cheaper in your own country and not have to pay UK prices. I will supply the part numbers for the lights.

The total cost of the package including DHL/UPS courier shipping is ?245 payable via Google Checkout or Paypal. I prefer Google Checkout to Paypal because then I'm not sitting on your money while you wait for your kit to be made up and sent. I charge your Crediit Card only when the goods are ready to ship.

Please PM me with your email address in case you are interested.

If you just want the Licence plate cables then I can supply those too. But there is another member on here who is Stateside and doing these that might represent better value.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Restarting this offer for 4 weeks from today, so that you can receive these in time for Christmas.

Make the most of the low DOLLAR. A few months ago this would have been about $514.50 but today its more like $367.50!!

Infact if you want to save even more money try and convince a few people in your local area and then I'll ship multiple kits to the same address.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: honda accord

you got Pm Bruce..
Old 11-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Would just like to inform people that if you want your kits before Christmas you must order this week. I go away on holiday in the 3rd week of December and only return in the New Year.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: /// 2006 | 530I | Silver Gray Metallic | Sport / Prem / Navi / IPod | LCI EURO SPEC Tail's | LED Licence plate bulbs | LED side turn indicators | Roof Spoiler MORE TO COME!!!!

Hi Bruce, do you have any pics of the license plate upgrade, is it just the housing for the led upgrade then, or is it just a wiring harness with a resistor in it. sorry, i just did not understand.
thx
Old 11-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Contributors

My licence plate cables allow you to connect your car to the BMW OEM LED lights which were introduced on the E92 but fit perfectly well on our cars. The cable has BMW plug, connectors and wires on either side with a resistor built in. So its all plug and play and all you need are a pair of BMW LED lights from your dealer.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=63536
Old 11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: /// 2006 | 530I | Silver Gray Metallic | Sport / Prem / Navi / IPod | LCI EURO SPEC Tail's | LED Licence plate bulbs | LED side turn indicators | Roof Spoiler MORE TO COME!!!!

So, this is a wiring harness, with a resistor built in, so why would we need to go with OEM led's, cant we just put in some after market regular leds because there is a resistor which wont trip the OBC.

so we keep our original housing, use the wiring harness, and buy OEM BMW LED's, is this correct...

we need BMW OEM LED's, how much do they go for??

sorry if this is sounding bad, i just want to clarify what i am to do....
Old 11-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Contributors

If you prefer the aftermarket bulbs then I can throw in a pair of those if you want because I have a set with built in resistors. Its just that some people prefer OEM. Can't comment on the cost of the BMW lights where you are but they are about ?8 each in the UK.