Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

For Sale: E60 iPod Integration Kit - NOW SOLD - THANK YOU!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there - I bought this a month ago from an authorized BMW dealer and have decided to not have it installed. Opened the box too look at the parts, and never removed a thing from the packaging. It's brand new as brand new gets!

Asking what I paid for it (including shipping): $240.

Asking $220, including shipping anywhere in the CONUS (and I'm now taking a loss on this)
NOW SOLD!

Payment via Paypal is ok (I'll eat the fees). I have a perfect feeback score of 190 on eBay (check username: lakerholic), and am an honest seller.

Description (in case you don't know what product I'm selling!) :

[color=#3333FF]This is the iPod interface for MOST Bus vehicles. This device integrates the Apple iPod into the BMW audio system and allows BMW owners to control and listen to their iPod music collection by using the vehicle?s iDrive, radio and steering wheel controls (if equipped).

The interface is compatible with the e60 5-series & M5. However, this device cannot be used in conjunction with the 6-disc CD Changer.

The installation kit consists of two wiring harnesses and an interface module. The interface module is connected to the MOST Bus, located behind the dash and has a cable running to the glove box of the vehicle. The connector located in the glove box of the vehicle provides the connection between the iPod and the vehicle. It also charges the iPod while connected and the vehicle is running.

Using the CD Changer mode on the iDrive or radio controls, users can access the functionality of their iPod. CD1 allows the customer to listen to their own customized playlists, CD2 by artist names, CD3 by album title, CD4 by music genre, CD5 by Podcast, and CD6 displays a selection of songs from their music library. Additional features such as Repeat, Random and Scan can also be selected.

Models Supported:

3/2005+ 5-series, without Navigation *
9/2005+ 5-series & M5 with Navigation *

* may require activation from your local BMW dealer after installation (basically, if you have a post 3/2005 or 9/2005 e60 w/CD changer, no activation is required and you can do this as a DIY, otherwise your dealer will have to activate the product).
If you have questions, please email me at lakerholic@NOSPAMaol.com <------ remove the NOSPAM
Old 10-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Why should us buy from you if your price is same as the dealership?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bambi' post='343991' date='Oct 11 2006, 08:38 PM
Why should us buy from you if your price is same as the dealership?
Well, quite simply, because it is brand new - just like the dealership - and I opened up to these forums first (before putting it up on eBay) because I thought it would be nice to help someone out, for example, who is in CA (like myself) and would have to pay sales tax. And, lets see: $299, minus the typical 10% discount = $269.

How is that the same as $240, including shipping again? Anyway, no sense in posting if you're not interested... PM me next time...
<_<