Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.
View Poll Results: Should I create an auction website for BMW?
Yes that's a great idea!
72.73%
Don't waste your time
27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Question for all Buyers and Sellers

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I had this idea of creating an auction ebay-type website for everyone to buy, sell or trade their BMW stuff, and like ebay buyers and sellers can post feedback to know who to buy from (or sell to) and who to avoid.

The website will be free, so no one will be charged to buy or sell. I will however have some ads on the site, but that's about it. All I need to know if the people here will be interested and will use it or not, because creating the site will take some time and work. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='498642' date='Nov 24 2007, 09:08 PM
Hi all,

I had this idea of creating an auction ebay-type website for everyone to buy, sell or trade their BMW stuff, and like ebay buyers and sellers can post feedback to know who to buy from (or sell to) and who to avoid.

The website will be free, so no one will be charged to buy or sell. I will however have some ads on the site, but that's about it. All I need to know if the people here will be interested and will use it or not, because creating the site will take some time and work. Let me know if you have any questions.
You should expand on all autos, but starting with BMW is a good idea. I'd be interested. Good luck. Are you a programmer?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='498680' date='Nov 25 2007, 12:28 AM
You should expand on all autos, but starting with BMW is a good idea. I'd be interested. Good luck. Are you a programmer?
Well I was thinking of just having it as a BMW auction site. But if the site does well then I will definitely expand it for other auto.

I would say that I'm more of a designer than a programmer, but I do both. I run my own web design/hosting firm and been doing very well. It's a lot of fun and work on a lot of interesting web projects.

This BMW site is something I just wanted to do for fun and for my love of BMW's.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:35 AM
Members

Come on everyone, let's have some more votes.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Members

Okay, seems like a number of you are interested in an auction website for BMW. I will start working on this site soon, but for now how about some suggestions for names. Here are a couple of my ideas:

BimmerBay.com
BMWbuysellTrade.com

I honestly can't think of anything else. How about some suggestions? Please make sure your suggestions for names are available. You can simply go to my hosting site and see if the domain name is available. The link is in my sig.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545 SE Auto, very good spec including heated steering wheel

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='499788' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:11 PM
Okay, seems like a number of you are interested in an auction website for BMW. I will start working on this site soon, but for now how about some suggestions for names. Here are a couple of my ideas:

BimmerBay.com
BMWbuysellTrade.com

I honestly can't think of anything else. How about some suggestions? Please make sure your suggestions for names are available. You can simply go to my hosting site and see if the domain name is available. The link is in my sig.

Hi
Think its a good idea, members will make the right price etc but what about helping other members out? I realise that most "E60" owners are well "off" but it would be nice for some guys to offer surplus items for delivery cost only.
Best regards,
Jonathan
Old 11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
JPJ
Contributors

Originally Posted by nebullaone' post='499788' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:11 PM

BimmerBay.com
BMWbuysellTrade.com

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I like BimmerBay, but would worry the other "Bay" boys might have a problem with it.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Already exists : autogearbid.com
Old 11-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by JPJ' post='500353' date='Nov 28 2007, 09:33 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

I like BimmerBay, but would worry the other "Bay" boys might have a problem with it.
In that case how about:

BimmerBid.com

The domain name is available.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RemusExhaustShop' post='500364' date='Nov 28 2007, 09:58 PM
Already exists : autogearbid.com
Yeah but my site:

1. Will be FREE
2. Will be only for BMW
3. Will be a lot COOLER
4. Will have the support of my fellow members here at E60.NET

Quick Reply: Question for all Buyers and Sellers