Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Now bought : Earthquake Subwoofer SWS-8

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Does anyone have a brand ew one for sale? Need it urgently as I've just figured out that one of the pair I bought is defective.

I found a few online stores in the US See http://www.maxximumproducts.com/e111.htm as an example. Its a decent price but the cost of shipping quoted is $170 for a $95 item!!

If anyone in the US is planning to buy a pair can you please buy 3 and I'll give you my sister's address in the US to ship one to. I'll pay you immediately for one subwoofer via Paypal.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bruce,
I can buy it for you and send it to your sister. Let me know.

Fred
Old 12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Excellent stuff and I'll wait to see if anyone wants a pair. Fred instead of buying one and then shipping it to my sister can't you buy it and have it shipped directly to her, it'll save you some effort too.

Is there anyone who wants to buy a pair. I see there is free shipping in the US for this. Its seems a crazy offer but because the speaker is $95 I have to pay $8 shipping but if I were to offer to pay the shop $99 instead for the speaker they would ship it free and I save $3.

Isn't it a good offer for people to want to jump and buy them. You'll even have my article on how to go about with your install to help you.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Contributors

Thanks a lot Fred for offering to help.

Can't believe how difficult it was to get an online store in the US to ship to my sister because of the "we only ship to the billing address" rule. My sister is not home for another 2 weeks otherwise I would have simply asked her to pay for it. In the end I've had to buy one for an extremely decent price and have it shipped to me in the UK. Now I simply hope that customs doesn't hit me with a bill. The cost for shipping from the US to UK is ridiculous.

Now I'm looking forward to receiving this speaker asap and finishing my install.