Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

looking for a used or new quad set-up RPI or Magnaflow Exhaust for 530

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60

i guess badges make a M5 a M5 for u

all im saying is that if i buy 2 of something, lets say turbos

both r from the same manufacturer, AA (active autowerks), and lets say they only make a single turbo app

if i strap them both in, regardless of the gain or loss i would still call it an AA twin turbo

guess people r touchy about "tarnishing" a name for not mentioning it being a custom job

even though everything we add on is custom so theres no real point in saying "custom rpi custom dual exhaust"

:l
Old 01-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by god_003
i guess badges make a M5 a M5 for u

all im saying is that if i buy 2 of something, lets say turbos

both r from the same manufacturer, AA (active autowerks), and lets say they only make a single turbo app

if i strap them both in, regardless of the gain or loss i would still call it an AA twin turbo

guess people r touchy about "tarnishing" a name for not mentioning it being a custom job

even though everything we add on is custom so theres no real point in saying "custom rpi custom dual exhaust"

RPi has worked extremely hard to build a very solid reputation. By implying that someone has a product RPi does not manufacture would be going against everything RPi is known for.
Gene and I are simply trying to point out to others that monster's exhaust is a custom setup using a RPI exhaust. what happens if customers were to call RPi tomorrow and start asking for a quad set up for a non M e60?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e60

then they would do their job and tell them it was not something they offer

...i dont see the fault in him saying its an rpi quad exhaust
Old 01-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Definitely M5 badges don't make it an M5, the engine does...

actually, no not every mod you have or purchase is custom, as it MASSED PRODUCED and sold to the general public

if you strap on two AA turbo's and no matter what it produces it's not an AA product, it's YOUR product

Out of respect for a companies long hours of R&D indeed I would definitely be touchy about tarnishing their name, so sad you don't see that

I'm going to not continue to entertain your sudden urge to troll around any further....
Old 01-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by god_003
then they would do their job and tell them it was not something they offer

...i dont see the fault in him saying its an rpi quad exhaust
I know you haven't been on 5series.net too long so I'm going to let your smart ass comment slide. If you don't see the 'fault' let me make nice and clear for you so you can understand. It's not a real RPI quad,got it? clear enough for ya?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
^putting together a "custom", self-commissioned set-up and perhaps calling it/referring to it as an original product is deceitful...mind as well put M5 badges on your e60 then

what happens if he does a dyno, his set-up shows a performance loss...just from the info he put it you would think RPI is producing a bad product, when in fact RPI has stated that quads are not produced for this very reason, power loss...he can indirectly effect a companies sales/business.....agree or no?

it's monsterj's $ and he can do with it as he likes, more power to him for having the balls to do this set-up, but "call a spade a spade"...that's all I'm saying...show some honesty and integrity...
I agree with Gene. i think monster was just excited to share that he did a custom quad rpi, maybe he was typing too fast and forgot to include the word custom-he has it in his sig though. I switched to Quad a few months back and do experience performance issues but it looks too awesome(sounds 3x better than stock)to pull out. so i'm keeping it, f^*k performance !(for now )
Old 01-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by zerocool
I agree with Gene. i think monster was just excited to share that he did a custom quad rpi, maybe he was typing too fast and forgot to include the word custom-he has it in his sig though. I switched to Quad a few months back and do experience performance issues but it looks too awesome(sounds 3x better than stock)to pull out. so i'm keeping it, f^*k performance !(for now )
that's why I wasn't trying to bash monsterj for what he said, merely remind him of how his statement could be mis/interpreted...
Old 01-29-2010, 04:40 PM
Contributors

i have a magnaflow i would sell....pm me.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
that's why I wasn't trying to bash for monster for what he said, merely remind him of how his statement could be mis/interpreted...
reasonable and good point
Old 01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

i need 1 too

Quick Reply: looking for a used or new quad set-up RPI or Magnaflow Exhaust for 530