Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: NEX GT Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I'm selling my set of NEX GT coilovers which are height and rebound (stiffness) adjustable. I've used them for roughly 5k miles and they are still performing just like when I first put them on. From my experiences, these are one of the best bang for your buck coilovers. I have them set pretty stiff but they can be softened up and it is like a night and day difference compared to my stock suspension.

I do get a small clank/creak sound from what seems like the front right but it seems to only happen after my car has been sitting for a while or when I'm turning the wheel while going slow like when I'm parking or reversing out of a parking spot. It doesn't have any affect on the way the car drives or on overall performance. I think I've only heard it at most a few times in a day with a lot of driving and parking. This seems to be a somewhat common problem with any coilover kit on our cars for whatever reason but just thought I'd disclose this.

I'm selling them because I found a used set of KW V2s and I've always wanted to try them out. I'll be swapping them out and they will be available from this Sunday late afternoon/evening. I will be out of town for a week starting from Monday evening so I would like to sell these before then. If they are still available, I will post pics of the actual coils but for now here is a link to a post started by PTL with some basic info and pictures of what these coils look like:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/93696-nex-gt-coilovers/

Price: $650
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

Ross is an all around great guy. Somebody jump on these ASAP!!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

GLWS Ross!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by macknificent75
Ross is an all around great guy. Somebody jump on these ASAP!!
Thanks George!

Originally Posted by skylineseason
GLWS Ross!
Thanks Mark, can't wait to install the KWs .
Old 07-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Contributors

He's also taking trades for a Panerai 000 or 005... if interested please give me the watch and Takman will deliver the coils.

thankyoucomeagain
Old 07-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
He's also taking trades for a Panerai 000 or 005... if interested please give me the watch and Takman will deliver the coils.

thankyoucomeagain
Haha thanks for clarifying Melvin . What he really means is give him the watch, he'll give you two sets of LM's (we all know he has another set in secret), I'll give you the coils, you give me the 2 sets of LM's... ok I totally killed it...

I'm also willing to ship these puppies since I have the original boxes and everything so non-locals are welcome to pick at 'em as well!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

And offers are welcome! These are coming off and ready to be sold in 2 days!
Old 07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Senior Members

How are these in comparison to KW V2's?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tiangco.a
How are these in comparison to KW V2's?
I personally have no idea as I've never had KWs before so I figure I'd try them out since I found a set used. The previous owner (skylineseason) rode in my car to see how they feel and he said the ride is pretty similar to the KWs and Ksports.

The price / performance ratio seems to be unbeatable on the Nex's and I probably wasted money on the KWs but I hope to provide a good and unbiased review on the KW V2s vs. the ebay coilovers.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

And if anyone wants to take a ride in my car to see how they feel prior to this Sunday, you are more than welcome to.

Quick Reply: FS: NEX GT Coilovers