Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: Like New BMW MOST iPod Interface Adapter Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi, Monaco Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota Leather, Dark Popular Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg., Cold Weather Pkg., Heated Rear Seats, Navigation, Sirius, 2004 330cic convertible, Mystic Blue Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Myrtle Wood Trim, Rare Myrtle Wood & Leather Sport Steering Wheel, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Xenons, Navigation, Heated Seats, Park Distance Control 2004 R1200C Montauk Motorcycle, Artic Blue Metallic, Servo ABS Linked Brakes, Chrome Pkg, Fog Lamps, Heated Grips

Hi Everyone,

I have for sale a like new BMW MOST iPod interface adapter kit. It comes complete with all parts, including the correct harness and fiber optics plug, iPod connection cord, installation and operations manuals, miscellaneous parts and the box. I will even include a spare Glove Box rear Fuse Panel Cover (black cover shown in lower left of picture below) that covers the installed adapter, already pre-drilled with a hole to pass the iPod connection cord through to the glove box where you connect (and keep) your iPod.

This item is being sold for $199 with FREE SHIPPING, to a U.S. buyer only, with a verified PayPal account.

Here is a picture of the unit:

FS: Like New BMW MOST iPod Interface Adapter Kit-sdc10291_sm.jpg

Note this is not merely an AUX adapter but a robust interface that will allow you to remotely navigate Artist/Albumes/Songs/Playlists, etc. just like on your iPod through your idrive controller or steering wheel buttons with the display of titles, etc. right on your iDrive screen. Nice!

Although I don't guarantee compatibilty, this unit should fit most E60s and if you have the CD changer as a factory installed option or later retrofitted a CD changer, it is virtually a PLUG 'n PLAY installation, merely replacing the CD Changer and you are ready to go! (The iPod interface actually emulates a CD Changer to the car's computer).

Now if your E60 never had a CD Changer installed this iPod adapter will also work because the electrical plug and fiber optic line and coupler should be waiting behind the fuse panel cover in the rear of the glove box to install a CD Changer or iPod adapter. In this case once you install the iPod Adapter your car just needs to coded by your BMW dealer (simple reprogramming, $120 or so?) to recognize the iPod Adapter (and to play MP3 files if it's a first year or so early E60 model) to work. That's it! (There are plenty of posts on the forums related to this, do some searching).

There are a lot of E60's on the highways and I venture to say the majority of them (especially pre-LCI model year 2003-07) are not equipped with the proper adapter or interface to easily connect and play your iPod which just about EVERYONE owns these days. Don't go to the dealer and pay $500, $600 or more (I even heard someone was quoted $800 by a "stealer") to have this very same iPod inteface added to your car for way less.

If your have an interest in this must have add on for your E60, please send me a PM in the forum.

Thanks for looking
Old 10-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530Xi Black Black Automatic NAV Cold Weather Package Premium Package Exterior Red RPI Air Scoop Matte Black Grills 15% Tints Rear Light Tints Shadowline Trim Black Carbon Fiber Roundels Gloss Red Painted Calipers CF hood and trunk roundels Engine BMC filter, RPI scoop Interior ACS pedals Ultimate LED Interior Light Kit Wheels Miro Type 111 matte black 19x8.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 245/35/19 fronts 19x9.5 wrapperd with Hankook V12 275/30/19 rears Lighting Euro sticker Angel Eyes Upgrade 8000k FOG White LED Eyebrow Upgrade LED Cluster Upgrade LED License Plate Upgrade

PM'd...
Old 10-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 550i Sport Black/Black

hi is this still available? please pm best shipped price to 94015. thank you
Old 10-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi, Monaco Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota Leather, Dark Popular Trim, Steptronic, Premium Pkg., Cold Weather Pkg., Heated Rear Seats, Navigation, Sirius, 2004 330cic convertible, Mystic Blue Metallic, Grey Dakota Leather, Myrtle Wood Trim, Rare Myrtle Wood & Leather Sport Steering Wheel, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Xenons, Navigation, Heated Seats, Park Distance Control 2004 R1200C Montauk Motorcycle, Artic Blue Metallic, Servo ABS Linked Brakes, Chrome Pkg, Fog Lamps, Heated Grips

Hello everyone,

Happy to say the iPod adapter HAS been SOLD

Thank you for your interest!

Panaguy