Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

FS: £410 Halfords voucher for £370 (10% saving)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: £410 Halfords voucher for £370 (10% saving)

My cycle got stolen a few months ago and I finally got an insurance settlement in Halfords vouchers. I've really got my heart set on a Brompton as I commute to London each day but Halfords do not sell Bromptons and nothing else in their range appeals. The voucher is actually for £409.87 (I can top up the the 13p in cash for those that are bothered), I'm looking for £370 for the voucher (which is a smidge under 10% off). The voucher has an expiry date of 29/12/2012.

The insurance claim procedure was slightly unpleasant and drawn out process. The short of it is, the £410 didn't cover the full cost of the cycle and bits I had on the bike so I would be out of pocket even if I sold this at face value. However, I'm looking to purchase a Brompton as soon as reasonably possible so want to sell this on in a timely fashion.

The voucher is not like a Halfords gift voucher, it is an insurance claim voucher that can only be spent on cycles and cycle accessories at Halfords only. Any change is given in Halfords gift vouchers (provided it is a reasonable % of the face value), any shortfall can be paid by any normal payment method. I would need to be present at the time of purchase because I need to supply ID that matches details on the voucher.

Logistically, I think this would work something like: buyer and I meet up at an agreed Halfords store. Buyer would bring £370 in cash and select the bike and accessories they wanted. I would use the voucher to purchase/order chosen items. Buyer would give me the £370 cash and they would get the receipt and items. Needless to say, any change in gift vouchers would go to the buyer or if there is a shortfall then the buyer would pay this.

I live in Milton Keynes and regularly visit the folks in Northampton so anyone willing to meet at a Halfords around these areas would have first dibs. However, if you are interested but can't meet at these locations then it is still worth mentioning where you can meet as there is always the possibility it could coincide with an existing trip I have planned to those areas as well.

It's worth noting that I have it for sale through other channels.

If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Attached Thumbnails -front.jpg   -back.jpg