Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Feeler: Pre-LCI halogen with Orion v2, white eyebrows, Euro reflector

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Hi guys, I been thinking about retrofitting LCI headlights for some time now, and now I am more serious in about actually getting it done.

With that said, I want to see if someone would want to pick up my current headlights instead of me opening it up and taking the Orions out to put into the LCI headlight.

So just to recap, the headlights are pre-LCI, halogen, has Orion v2, white eyebrows, and Euro reflectors.

As a note, these are absolutely the brightest and best looking angel eyes available for pre-LCI headlights.

I am looking for $500 or better since the Orions cost $250 plus tax and shipping, another $250 for install (priced by Umnitza and me), white eyebrows is $200 for install, and another $50 for parts, and Euro stickers and install.

Here are some pictures:

Old 03-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D1S or D2S? Does it come with the ballasts, bulbs, and ignitors?
Old 03-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Contributors

Haha, Medik13 you didn't read! It's halogen.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Nice lookin' AE Simon!
GLWS man!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

Oh crap... I didn't read! Nice mods to the halogens. Glws! Btw, have a pic with the low beams on?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Contributors

I can take pictures of that later. I do have a HID kit in there, so it's not reflective to what halogen bulb would look like.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by medik13
D1S or D2S? Does it come with the ballasts, bulbs, and ignitors?

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, Medik13 you didn't read! It's halogen.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Where'd you get your Orion V2 kit? i looked on their (crappy) site and didnt find any products for the e60.

i have a pre-LCI 545i with Xenons and i really want this kit...they look like the best option on the market to me. the LEDs i have now are from eBay and i get flickering and errors all day long everyday....

im thinking about the xenon kit or going with the Mtech V2.1 but neither look as good, sharp, clean as these orions...

help needed!

also, do you know if its possible to do the install yourself? oh and one more question, these euro side-markers, where did you get them and how did you install them?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Contributors

I bought Orions from Umnitza. I believe I might have bought their first kit! And yes, their website is difficult to navigate and seems to lead to many dead ends.

Now, it sounds like you have xenons. These are halogen. If you want it to work, it's not impossible, but some work is involved. From a visibility stand point, you'll lose out going from xenon to halogen (unless you put in a HID kit -- which stems into another debate, blah blah blah).

As for comparison... there is none. Any other solutions for the pre-LCI out there cannot compare to these at all. Period. Even the Mtech v2.1 is hardly noticeable in day time. These are readily visible even in sunlight and hundreds of feet away, depending on your vision of course.

And what do you mean by do the install yourself? Do you mean installing my lights? Or getting the Orions from Umnitza and installing yourself (in that case, yes). The Euro stickers were bought from Akalius on the board, and they were installed by removing the reflector, painted silver or white, can't remember, and then applied over it. The reason for paint is to prevent any leakage of the orange color when the turn signal comes on, since I have white turn signals as well.

Lastly, I am not really sure what you mean by getting a xenon kit. I thought xenon is standard in 545i's? And if you have xenon already, what are you referring to?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

GLWS. nice AE. I tried to find the AE for my halogen lights online but I couldnt, if u wanna sell me just the orion v2 thats perfect. or if u can give me the link for the AE I would appreciate that.

Quick Reply: Feeler: Pre-LCI halogen with Orion v2, white eyebrows, Euro reflector