Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Feeler - Possibly WTB single headlight housing

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008 | 10:23 PM
Members

I've been strongly considering baking my headlights for sometime to paint/tint the inside pieces. I am for sure about painting the orange reflector but and also considering painting the eyebrow black. I wanted to see if anyone has a spare headlight laying around for my test project that they would be willing to part with for my test purposes. Obviously I don't want to pay a ton for something that I am just going to throw in the oven and experiment with. I figured maybe those that upgraded to the LCI headlights would be a possible donor. This way not only myself but all here would be able to see the end result and also know that it does/doesn't damage anything. I'm assuming all will be well as I have done this with my cars in the past but this experiment will confirm my suspicion one way or another. Anyways, if anyone has one they can part with shoot me a PM with the details and we can see about working something out.
Old 08-18-2008 | 11:15 AM
Members

BUMP!

I know someone has to have one laying around. I'm kicking myself for not buying the one I saw on ebay a month ago for $50/$100 shipped.
Old 08-18-2008 | 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525I/TITANIUM SILVER METALLIC/GREY LEATHER INTERIOR/EURO RED REFLECTORS/20% TINT/EURO STICKER/BMW CCA STICKER

This is a great idea. When I had my Lexus IS300...many of those guys were doing this. Innovative Concepts I believe was the company. Good Luck though. Show pictures after if you do it good I would definetly pay you to do it.
Old 08-18-2008 | 12:07 PM
Members

Thanks. I've had the itch to do this ever since I got the car and I figured a lot of others would want it assuming the turn out is good. If I don't find one here I'll just keep searching ebay until I find one for a decent price.
Old 08-19-2008 | 07:37 AM
Members

One last shameless bump before I start soley searching ebay/craigslist. I really don't want to have to risk doing this on my own headlights!
Old 08-19-2008 | 11:14 AM
Contributors

I've got one, but its broken underneath. If i read your posts correctly, you're looking to bascially experiment on it. If you want it still, pm me and I'll try to get you some pics here tonight.
Old 08-19-2008 | 01:10 PM
Members

That sounds great.. how bad is the damage underneath? This is mostly to ensure that no damage will come from baking the headlight and to see what results I get from painting either the reflector or the eyebrow or both. This sounds like it should work out great. PM me how much you want and your paypal info and we can go from there. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2008 | 01:20 PM
Contributors

I'll try and post some pics, and explain the damage. Hopefully they will answer most of your questions.
Old 08-19-2008 | 01:44 PM
Members

Sounds good thanks again for your help.
Old 08-19-2008 | 06:09 PM
Contributors

This is the underside of the light:
Attachment 57432

Below you can see that there is a black piece of plastic that was broken off.
Attachment 57433

You can see on the left side of this picture that some of the clear plastic is broken, but the light is still completely sealed so no water can get in the front.
Attachment 57434

This is the back of the light
Attachment 57435

If you're using this light for purely experimentation purposes, you should buy it. I was actually going to try and see if I could seperate the lense, but I never got around to it. The light works including the eyebrow and angel eyes. But, there is no angel eye bulb, nor a xenon bulb in this light. You would have to insert your own control unit, adaptive unit, bulb and ignitor in order to get xenon functionality. PM me with any questions.

Last edited by anand_rahim; 03-07-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Feeler - Possibly WTB single headlight housing