Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Feeler: Phatbox Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

I have a Phatbox music system that came out of my E39 that's not compatible with my E60. The Phatbox unit replaces your CD changer and the included BMW interface makes it recognizable to the head unit as a CD player and permits you select artist, genre or album through your steering wheel controls. You can also create playlists and select that way. The selections you make are announced through your radio speakers! The cartridge for my unit is 20 GB and will hold upwards to 3000 songs! I understand that this system will also work on an E46.

I purchased this unit new for $750 from PhatNoise (who no longer manufactures the system). The package I'm proposing to sell for $500 includes the player, USB cradle that connects to your PC, 20 GB cartridge, interface cable, owner's manual, PhatNoise Music Manager software to manage your MP3 database and to get music onto and off of the player, and about 500+ MP3 files (my musical tastes run the gamut from rock, ambient, jazz, techno, hip-hop, etc. There should be something there for everyone ).

I'll also include a unique bracket I fabricated to install the system in the left trunk compartment straddling the radio amp and instructions on how to connect it to your system. I just used the pre-wired CD changer cable. I have had no technical issues with the system whatsoever. Even though the Phatbox has been discontinued by PhatNoise (who still is a viable company making other things), there is still a pretty vibrant support community on the web and the company will still support you with drivers and such.

Please let me know if this item would be of interest to you or if you have any questions that I can answer.
Attached Thumbnails Feeler: Phatbox Audio System-phatbox1.jpg