Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Feeler: Custom Billy Boat Quad Exhaust 545/550

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

DAAAAAYM, John, this is a baller move 'round here - to go Turbo Even though, financially-speaking, I think you should sell and buy an M5, the sentimental part of me is dying to see what it's gonna be like with the turbo. Alpina's V8 with Turbo and Alpina tune puts out something like 516hp and more torque than the M5 V10 (I think, its something like 480lb ft or so, but not sure). With going custom, you can easily pass those numbers. Probably. Either way, it'll be sick, hawt and off da madafukkin hindjazzz
Old 04-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

John please don't turbo this car! She's a looker not a goer. I know it'd be cool as shit but really 8k on turbo? You can barely drive it as it is on NYC streets so why add the turbo? The car is perfect stop f*cuking with it. Save your cash and buy another watch instead at least it wont depreciate as much as the turbo. Either way good luck but it just seems like you're bored, maybe its time for a new project?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

lol. mebbe John's right. Im gonna think about it. It's not like I can go fast in the car as it is. Just that my Allroad feels faster!! And it sucks driving a $10K car that feels faster than my e60. LOL
Old 04-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by JOHN
John please don't turbo this car! She's a looker not a goer. I know it'd be cool as shit but really 8k on turbo? You can barely drive it as it is on NYC streets so why add the turbo? The car is perfect stop f*cuking with it. Save your cash and buy another watch instead at least it wont depreciate as much as the turbo. Either way good luck but it just seems like you're bored, maybe its time for a new project?
I have to say I agree with this as well. There's no point if you can't really drive the thing, and maybe only push it a few times in a year.

Might as well go rent a super car, and crush the hell out of it for a day if you feel the need for that kind of power.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

John look at it this way; how many rims have you smashed with your v8?the power you'll get with the turbo is really crazy but you might not enjoy it fully considering the roads in NYC will never change IMO. But I want to check it out if you decide to push through with it
Old 04-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I have to say I agree with this as well. There's no point if you can't really drive the thing, and maybe only push it a few times in a year.

Might as well go rent a super car, and crush the hell out of it for a day if you feel the need for that kind of power.
After driving my friend's 335i today and my other friend's M3, I may get the next twin turbo M3. The 3 really handles like it's on rails!!! Yes the handling on my E60 is superb but the 3 is so nimble!! I can turn the traction and stability control off and floor it on a turn with ease!

Ur right, just go rent a super car. hehehe. Or mebbe buy the next twin turbo M3 or mebbe a Lotus Exige S!!! :naughty:

Originally Posted by zerocool
John look at it this way; how many rims have you smashed with your v8?the power you'll get with the turbo is really crazy but you might not enjoy it fully considering the roads in NYC will never change IMO. But I want to check it out if you decide to push through with it
Knock on wood. NONE. Cuz I rarely drive it. LOL. But I take it easy in local streets. Only when I drive on the highway I take it faster. 100+ only split seconds since there's not enough room for error in MANY places in NYC and I am afraid of tickets. Going about 80-90 is decently safe when there's a few cars on the road but then again, I have to watch out for potholes. I guess I'll drive my friend's M3 and 335i when I have the urge to enjoy the speed. Better yet, I enjoy sitting in the passenger seat of the M3 since he takes it to triple digits going to Long Island wheras I'm scared. LOL
Old 04-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Banned

U know what? This exhaust will still be a feeler until I get the SB V2. Mebbe it will change my decision in my $8000 mod! LOL.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:55 AM
Members

My Ride: Current - 07 X5 4.8 Sport, HUD, Cold Weather, Technology package, Premium Sound, Hitch, 214 Summer Wheels, 298 M Winter wheels Mods-M Steering wheel, LCI Tailights Sold to make room for future M5- 08 550 SpaceGray Msport, Fully Loaded, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Cold Weather, Htd Rear Seats, Sunshade, Logic 7/HD Radio, SAT, iPod, Lane Departure Warning, Fold Down Rear Seats Mods: Dinan ECU, V1 w/ concealed Display, Tint all around M5 Mirrors waiting Paint/Install RDsport Quad Exhaust waiting Install M5 style 166 wheels waiting install Sold - 07 550i

You should drive an E60 with active steering. My 08 550 has it, and its more nimble then the 3series loaners i get... M3 is nice, but doesn't have the room of a 5.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

i do have active steering. yes it's nimble but at highway speeds, there's not much of a difference. Parking the e60 is MUCH quicker than the 3. I can use my pinky to turn the wheel. The handling on a 3 is lighter, shorter wheelbase, it all helps. I just like the bigger size
Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
I just like the bigger size
That's what she said....

Quick Reply: Feeler: Custom Billy Boat Quad Exhaust 545/550