Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

E60 AUX Cable $29.99 DIY Video Included

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I was able to track down the distibutor of the BMW AUX cable and order the jack and make my own cables to save members money. I also did a DIY video as well. Please do not make fun of my video lol it was my first one ever and I am going to redo it with someone else holding the camera. There is two parts to the video and the 2nd part is turned 90 degrees and I need to fix that ASAP. The listing for the cable and links to the video is http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-AUX-...6#ht_607wt_922. I will make a better video today or tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

hey brendinernst very impressive I wish i saw this posting a week ago b4 i ordered the bmw aux kit, I just watched the video its very easy to understand and you kept the install under 20mins. what i like is that you use better quality wires without resistors at a much cheaper price with full video tutorial. Nice job GLWS if some of my friends ask me to install aux for them after I do mine I'll send them to you.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Members

Thank you! I still havnt had a chance to redo the video with someone else holding the camera but hopefully tomorrow will permit it.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Members

Same thing for LCI with navi? My car has an aux input but its in the worst possible location... in the rear center console by the rear passenger vents.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535i xDrive M-sport

Video looks great very informative! I wish you were in NJ!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SuperBomberMan
Same thing for LCI with navi? My car has an aux input but its in the worst possible location... in the rear center console by the rear passenger vents.
Yes everything is the same but you will notice your car will have 4 screws holding in the CCC instead of 2 because it is bigger. I can understand your frustration with that location. I dont know what BMW was thinking. Back seat passenger controlling audio system? My daughter would love that! lol
Old 03-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Members

First off, the video was very thorough... good job. Second, this might sound stupid but i dont think i have an AUX option on the list of music outputs, would that be something i would have to program? I would love to order a cable from you but i want to be sure its going to work. thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Members

Since I already have the AUX input in the rear of the center console, does this replace the existing connection in the rear? So basically this kit will just relocate my existing aux input and require no coding, right? If thats the case can I just purchase this, cut the original AUX cables and solder this inline so I won't have to remove the dash?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535i xDrive M-sport

I just ordered a cable now I need someone to code my car. Anyone know where I can take it to in the NJ area?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by SuperBomberMan
Since I already have the AUX input in the rear of the center console, does this replace the existing connection in the rear? So basically this kit will just relocate my existing aux input and require no coding, right? If thats the case can I just purchase this, cut the original AUX cables and solder this inline so I won't have to remove the dash?
you could splice into your existing aux input, so that both work.

Quick Reply: E60 AUX Cable $29.99 DIY Video Included