Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Cobb Accessport tuner for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

Dude, I Pm'd you on the 2nd. What's up with that? I thought your sale went thru. Did u get my pm? Now I put in a bid on one thru eBay. For close to $700. I might be stuck with that one.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Metallic Green 535i,Dakota Brown leather,NAV,HD Radio, Comfort Access,Sport pkg,Premium Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Logic7,Park Distance, SAT/Paddles, Ipod adapter, tint, LED Side markers, & halos, heated fronts,CPO'd car, tinted tails, heads, reflectors, backup camera, afe cold air intake, led license plate lights, rear lip spoiler, recoded modules: remote folding of mirrors, deleted accept screen on idrive, auto unlocking of door when ignition turned off, closing windows, & sunroof w/ remote, digital speedo on instrument cluster.

Originally Posted by epilithic
First of all, I don't appreciate you bashing my post. In case you need a lesson, you don't bash someones sale post. Show some etiquette. Now thats out of my system. Secondly, i paid $895 + tax for this tuner. that's over $400 off of retail price for a one owner tuner in excellent condition. That's only been used several times. This tuner plugs into your OBDII port for installation, once installed you unplug the device and store it somewhere safe. It doesn't physically go under the hood like some tuners. It's not unheard of for someone to try and get 60% back for an item they are trying to sale. For those actually in the market for a tuner for their bmw would probably agree that Cobb has great reviews and this is a great price for a great tuner. I can only assume you didn't research the brand new price for this tuner before you decided to decrease my chances of selling it by posting your opinion on my ad. I'm all about helping out the fellow bmw enthusiast and helping those out that may be getting ripped off or who may be purchasing a bad mod. Afterall the primary reason for this forum is provide a place for owners to discuss topics, problems, mods etc.

In your case, I can't imagine how you were trying to help anybody out. You didn't even offer a better place or better price to support your opinion of "holy crap, $500 your crazy dude"
Since I never got any response to either my PM, or my post, I wanted to put in here that I did send you a pm before those last 2 put their bid in. You speak about helping out fellow enthusiasts, but thats not cool to ignore ppl. After your initial post offering the Cobb for sale, you had a pending sale post that had to have been a response to a PM. I Pm'd you the next morning inquiring about the unit if the buyer defaults, cause I knew a lot of ppl. would jump on this. No response. Then I check back on the 4th, & you entertained 2 other offers! Here's the Pm:
Private Message: Cobb accessport
Recipients: epilithic
03-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Mikey B-mer
Contributors

Cobb accessport
I would like it if the buyer defaults. That's a good deal!
Thx

Then, I posted publicly to see why I was ignored, & now no update on whether its pending? You went off on TTtuned about potentially affecting your sale, but you affected my opportunity to buy. I said Fuggidaboutit, & I bidded on a Cobb on eBay, & thankfully I was outbid. I'm just gonna chill out on the Cobb right now. I'm not mad, but if your going to set rules, then play by them. Is it pending still? Sold? Be fair dude.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
Since I never got any response to either my PM, or my post, I wanted to put in here that I did send you a pm before those last 2 put their bid in. You speak about helping out fellow enthusiasts, but thats not cool to ignore ppl. After your initial post offering the Cobb for sale, you had a pending sale post that had to have been a response to a PM. I Pm'd you the next morning inquiring about the unit if the buyer defaults, cause I knew a lot of ppl. would jump on this. No response. Then I check back on the 4th, & you entertained 2 other offers! Here's the Pm:
Private Message: Cobb accessport
Recipients: epilithic
03-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Mikey B-mer
Contributors

Cobb accessport
I would like it if the buyer defaults. That's a good deal!
Thx

Then, I posted publicly to see why I was ignored, & now no update on whether its pending? You went off on TTtuned about potentially affecting your sale, but you affected my opportunity to buy. I said Fuggidaboutit, & I bidded on a Cobb on eBay, & thankfully I was outbid. I'm just gonna chill out on the Cobb right now. I'm not mad, but if your going to set rules, then play by them. Is it pending still? Sold? Be fair dude.
i was told i was #3 havnt heard anything after the pm saying i was 3rd
Old 03-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Contributors

At least you got a PM
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Members
Senior Members

FWIW, I am actually #1 in the queue, but the seller may have had something serious/important come up. It makes no sense to bash him on the forum without knowing the facts. I am hoping to hear from him, too, obviously, so if/when that happens, we will all get some resolution here.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Dude, he sold it already. I saw it posted in another forum. As far as my bashing him, I'm not. I'm calling him on his lack of response to my pm, which was sent before post # 6, & 7. Then he has post # 8 where he established the order of sale. He clearly read his PM's, as in post #7. He's selling a $900 product for almost half off. I'm sure lots of folks, including yourself, jumped at it. Why ignore me? even if I were # 10, I would know where I am, but nothing? I understood & agreed with his terms of the sale. Post#8 wasn't. He said Paypal, & He's # 3?, & I still get no response? I'm calling out the sin, not the sinner. I havent disrespected him. I'm sure you would be shaking your head too, if you we're me. I put my bid in, is all I'm sayin. At least come on here and say SOLD.........
Old 03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
New Members

Is it still for sale? I'll take it. cmprobert@me.com
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Mikey B-mer
Dude, he sold it already. I saw it posted in another forum. As far as my bashing him, I'm not. I'm calling him on his lack of response to my pm, which was sent before post # 6, & 7. Then he has post # 8 where he established the order of sale. He clearly read his PM's, as in post #7. He's selling a $900 product for almost half off. I'm sure lots of folks, including yourself, jumped at it. Why ignore me? even if I were # 10, I would know where I am, but nothing? I understood & agreed with his terms of the sale. Post#8 wasn't. He said Paypal, & He's # 3?, & I still get no response? I'm calling out the sin, not the sinner. I havent disrespected him. I'm sure you would be shaking your head too, if you we're me. I put my bid in, is all I'm sayin. At least come on here and say SOLD.........

Link to sale on another forum? If this is true, it would stand in opposition to the PMs I have from him, and your original post would be on point.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 AM
Contributors

02-27-2013, 10:48 PM
epilithic

Mein auto: 535i 2008
View My Garage
Selling Cobb accessport tuner
Hey guys/ladies,

I am trading in my 535i, therefore am selling my Cobb Accessport flash tuner. If i wasnt getting rid of my car i would never be selling this tuner. Thats how much i love it!
Its completely uninstalled, which means its completely unlocked and ready to use. Extremely easy to use. It installs in about 15 minutes and changes maps within 1 minute. I purchased it brand new through cobb for $895.00. Im selling it for $500.00, this is a great deal because as ive said before in several posts, its an amazing bump in power for the N54 engine. I have the original box as well as cord. There is one small scratch in the screen but its barely noticeable. Please let me know if you have any questions. I prefer to sell local because i will not use paypal (i got screwed out of some money with paypal and will not contribute to their business) I am located just north of sacramento. I will ship for free however, will not ship until i have the money order or cashiers check in hand. This will work on the N54 engine ONLY! 2008-2010 535i and 335i that has the n54 engine.

COBB Tuning - Engineered Performance.
Attached Thumbnails

02-28-2013, 03:55 PM
fusion540
E39 Evangelist

Mein auto: 540i
View My Garage
I am interested, but I am in Michigan. I can send guaranteed funds, but similar to your concern about PayPal, how do I know it is uninstalled and available to put in my 335i?

Jeff

03-01-2013, 05:37 PM
epilithic

View My Garage
I understand your concerns. Do you know anybody in my area (sacramento) that I can meet up with and show proof of it being uninstalled. As for your 335, I believe as long as it as the n54 engine it will work. Just to be sure, I would advise you to check out their website and double check. Short of meeting with someone you know in not really sure how else to prove of it's validity. We could FaceTime or Skype and I can show you that way

03-06-2013, 04:01 PM
epilithic

View My Garage
Sold.

03-08-2013, 02:31 PM
harkirath

Mein auto: 09 335i Sedan w/ Prem/Spo
View My Garage
Crap
Just saw this post and would have paid the asking price right away. I live in Sacramento too.

Yesterday, 12:20 AM
harkirath

Mein auto: 09 335i Sedan w/ Prem/Spo
View My Garage
Sold to me. Great buyer to work with and was extremely helpful.

Yesterday, 01:38 AM
gracetom2

Mein auto: bmw
View My Garage
Check the detailing forum.

Yesterday, 09:16 AM
epilithic

View My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkirath
Sold to me. Great buyer to work with and was extremely helpful.
Great doing business with you! As I said before if you have any questions, issues, or concerns just hit me up via cell or email. Excellent buyer, definitely recommend and would do business with again.

This is from the post of bimmer site. I would never accuse someone of something without thinking it out. The Cobb is his to sell , but common courtesy is to conduct a sale with tact & respect. That sale saved him shipping chgs. I get that. But others bidded on that as well, & for sone of you, you were told you had a good shot at it. I got nothing. No pm, no acknowledgement . As you can see, the dates of the posts prove my point. If you are posting there, up to the 8th, & you have been on this forum as recently as the 7th, you could've updated the status of this post. And most damning is you could've PMd me. I was smelling this back on the 4th.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:44 AM
Members
Senior Members

Please just link to that site, I'd like to comment there. (This isn't secret spy stuff here.) I agree, this seller is clearly inconsiderate, at best.

Quick Reply: Cobb Accessport tuner for sale