Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Canon 40D with BG-E2N grip and EF300 f/4L IS **MINT**

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really do hate to see the 40 go, but the money tree in the back yard looks like a stick and this is the only way to fund another project. This 40D sample has been solid from day 1. It has been a consistent performer and has turned in some shots highlighting its quick AF.

Like all my equipment, this body has been well taken care of, however, it does have one scuff mark on the lower left corner that I believe came from a buckle of a bag strap. Other than that, there are no wear marks, scratches, or dings.

The 300 f/4L IS has been calibrated to the body by Canon (Irvine) when I first picked it up. The lens is flawless inside and out with zero blemishes, imperfections, or marks. All my lenses have had a UV filter from the time they're out of the original packaging.

I bought it for a bit longer reach, used it once in the front yard, and it's been in the Lowepro lens case 4 since. I?ll throw in the lens case as well.

For those not familiar with the lens, this is one of Canon's 2 L-series 300mm prime telephotos with image stabilization which will give you up to 2 stops faster. Like other Canon IS's the 300 f/4 has Mode 1 and Mode 2. It has a 9.6 rating on FM and is known for being a sharp lens, good bokeh, and excellent IQ. It is also well balanced, and easy to handhold, especially when compared to it's 2.8 big brother.

Here are the details:

40D body in excellent condition.
Original packaging/accessories, intact warranty card, CD?s, strap, manuals, cap, box
2 Canon batteries

Charger BG-E2N grip, like new.
Contact caps, all original packaging, box.
The threads are NOT stripped on the grip.

$800, which includes UPS Second Day shipping CONUS. Local pickup (SoCal).

300 f/4L IS in mint condition.
Date code: UV1011
Original packaging, wraps, warranty card, strap, intact box.
Lowepro Lens Case 4

$1,100, which includes UPS Second Day shipping CONUS. Local pickup (SoCal).