Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

BMW Road Map Europe BUSINESS 2008-1

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for BMW Road Map Europe 2008-1 Business Version DVD. I can offer in exchange the 2008-1 Proffesional DVD with Speed Camera POI which i bought by mistake.

Thank you!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

You are looking to exchange an original DVD with a copy. Don't do it.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='535699' date='Feb 25 2008, 08:49 AM
You are looking to exchange an original DVD with a copy. Don't do it.

What can i do?
I was stupid enough to buy the Pro version even i have the business nav and now the dealer does not want to exchange the discs for me. He wants to sell me the business dvd which is another 259 Euro.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

What is your current version of the Business Navigation. Return the copy back to where you bought it from and watch eBay for a preused original.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

The dealer sold you a DVD with Speed Camera POIs??

I thought the original DVD's didn't have the speed cameras on them?

Marc
Old 02-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='535706' date='Feb 25 2008, 09:24 AM
What is your current version of the Business Navigation. Return the copy back to where you bought it from and watch eBay for a preused original.
Initially i had Business 2007-2. This came with the car.
I ordered 2008-1 and my dealer, i think by mistake, gave me the Pro version instead of Business version. Now he does not want to take it back. He wants me to buy the 2008-1 business too.

Ill put the pro version on ebay this week at least to recover part of my money.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='535707' date='Feb 25 2008, 09:27 AM
The dealer sold you a DVD with Speed Camera POIs??

I thought the original DVD's didn't have the speed cameras on them?

Marc

I dont know. He said it has the speed camera POI but i have no way to check as the disc is not working on my biz nav.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Bruce will most likely clear it up but I'm sure the original discs don't have speed camera POI's on them. So either your dealer has sold you a dodgy copy or you have very good grounds to return it saying it doesn't have Speed Camera POI's on it as stated by him at the time of sale. Demand a refund.

Not wanting to sound too over-reactive but, I found this little bit of info with a simple Google search.....

"What you buy must also be “as described” and “fit for the purpose”. In other words, it should be capable of undertaking the task it is described as being able to do. For example; if you purchase a camera on the fact that it has a zoom lens, or could have one added, and this feature is not available, then the goods are not as described or fit for the purpose you wanted. This could also count as “misrepresentation of goods”, which you can report to Trading Standards. It then can decide to prosecute the offender under the Trade Description Act 1968. In some cases, you might have to pursue such cases yourself through the “small claims court”. (see note)

If a product fails to satisfy any of the above criteria under the SGA, it can be returned to the retailer for a FULL refund, as long as this is done within a “reasonable time” of the sale (This particular legal “term” causes a lot of confusion).Contrary to what some retailers may insist, there is NO legal limit. However, I strongly advise you to check the goods as soon as possible and return them within seven days if not satisfied with the quality.

If you have problems within the first few weeks you could probably argue you have a right to a full refund. If they appear after a couple of months, it is not likely you will automatically be offered, a full refund, until you have let the retailer or manufacturers try to repair or replace the goods."
Old 02-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E60

Originally Posted by neo_andersson' post='535708' date='Feb 25 2008, 03:30 PM
Initially i had Business 2007-2. This came with the car.
I ordered 2008-1 and my dealer, i think by mistake, gave me the Pro version instead of Business version. Now he does not want to take it back. He wants me to buy the 2008-1 business too.

Ill put the pro version on ebay this week at least to recover part of my money.
write to BMW in your country and or in Germany. That dealer must take it back and sell you a correct one.

how stupid is that if you ask them to put new wipers on and they put on the wrong ones but refuse to redo their work!

by the way: most updates are not worth it. I drive with 2007-1 and have yet to find out what -2 will bring. so I probably jump to 08-02 or so.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='535712' date='Feb 25 2008, 10:44 AM
Bruce will most likely clear it up but I'm sure the original discs don't have speed camera POI's on them. So either your dealer has sold you a dodgy copy or you have very good grounds to return it saying it doesn't have Speed Camera POI's on it as stated by him at the time of sale. Demand a refund.

Not wanting to sound too over-reactive but, I found this little bit of info with a simple Google search.....

"What you buy must also be ?as described? and ?fit for the purpose?. In other words, it should be capable of undertaking the task it is described as being able to do. For example; if you purchase a camera on the fact that it has a zoom lens, or could have one added, and this feature is not available, then the goods are not as described or fit for the purpose you wanted. This could also count as ?misrepresentation of goods?, which you can report to Trading Standards. It then can decide to prosecute the offender under the Trade Description Act 1968. In some cases, you might have to pursue such cases yourself through the ?small claims court?. (see note)

If a product fails to satisfy any of the above criteria under the SGA, it can be returned to the retailer for a FULL refund, as long as this is done within a ?reasonable time? of the sale (This particular legal ?term? causes a lot of confusion).Contrary to what some retailers may insist, there is NO legal limit. However, I strongly advise you to check the goods as soon as possible and return them within seven days if not satisfied with the quality.

If you have problems within the first few weeks you could probably argue you have a right to a full refund. If they appear after a couple of months, it is not likely you will automatically be offered, a full refund, until you have let the retailer or manufacturers try to repair or replace the goods."
Thank You guys.
After shouting 15 minutes over the phone my dealer agreed to refund me the disc.
Im going tomorrow to get the money back.

Now i am looking to buy 2008-1 business version from a DECENT dealer. Do you know one?
I live in Romania.I preffer to buy it online and be delivered by registered mail. Does anybody know where i can order this disc?

Thanks a lot.

PS: it seams that it does not have indeed the camera POIs.The dealer agreed over the phone.This guys have no idea what are they selling.Its a shame because the BMW brand suffers and not the stupid fellow.He is happy cashing his monthly checks from BMW and doing the same "job".......

Quick Reply: BMW Road Map Europe BUSINESS 2008-1