Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

B&B 545i Exhaust For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the B&B exhaust on my 545 for about two months now and I have reached a point where I have no option but to sell it. I love the deep powerful sound of the B&B, the high quality of the material and worksmanship, and the look of the double wall 3.5" pipes. However, what I don't care for as much is the sound of the exhaust inside the car between 1000 and 2000 RPM. In that range it's a bit louder than I would like it to be (and more than a bit louder than my wife would like it to be ). For this reason (and this reason only) I have decided to sell the B&B. I am going to put the stock muffler back on for now. What I should really do then is to keep the stock muffler on and not spend any more money on the car (since we are buying a new house), but we'll see how it goes.

The exhaust is only two months old and I think $600 would be a good price for it. B&B is selling them for $829, and you can find it elsewhere in the mid $700's.

I still have the original B&B box and shipping foam/filler that I will use to ship the exhaust. For shipping I tried putting in a New York zip code in the FedEx ground website and the cost was just below $50. So I am assuming that the shipping cost will be $50 max, but if you happen to live closer to California it should be even less.

If anyone in the Los Angeles area is interested in the B&B we can arrange to meet so that you can hear the exhaust on my car before you make your decision. However, it would have to be in the next few days while I still have not removed the B&B from my car.

If anyone is interested you can PM me or e-mail me at rody@earthlink.net. Actually, it's better to both email and PM me because sometimes I don't receive PM's that people send, and sometimes my Spam filter hides legitimate emails and it's days before I see it, so it's best to do both.

Here's a description and pic of the exhaust on B&B's website----->>>>>Click Here<<<<<
Old 11-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I can confirm what rodybmw says about the B&B between 1K and 2K. He has mentioned the only reason I would consider taking my B&B off.

But, you can deal with the issue if you are willing to spend a tad, a very small tad, more on gas. I have a Steptronic, and if I drive in D, then the Step will upshift all the way to 6th before, IMO, the engine is ready for that load. Thus, the engine strains especially if you try to accelerate without kicking down, and the B&B responds with consistent loudness. So, I began driving in DS or manually. Either way, one can avoid putting too much load on the engine. In this regard, I tend to keep my engine above 2K unless I anticipate that I will have no need to accelerate. If I will not need to accelerate, then I can shift to 6th and things will be quiet enough provided that I am not much lower than 1.75K. The B&B would be even easier to deal with if using an SMG or manual transmission.

On the other side of the coin, the B&B idle is magnifcent. And, it always sounds pleasant, if not awe inspiring, when the RPM are up--whether accelerating or crusing.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I'm keeping mine.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='200313' date='Nov 18 2005, 06:36 PM
I'm keeping mine.
Do you take any action to negate the low-RPM noise?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Absolutely! I usually am hangin' around 6,000 RPM !
Old 11-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by realtyman' post='200416' date='Nov 18 2005, 06:56 PM
Absolutely! I usually am hangin' around 6,000 RPM !
rody - try the eisemann
Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Wish you were selling this 3 months ago.

I actually enjoy the deep sound it makes at the lower end of the spectrum and also glad that it tapers off as the RPM climbs. I think the B&B has the best sound to match a "sporty" look if that's your goal with an e60. However, I can definitely understand the loudness can be too overwhelming for some, especially if you've got wifey in the car. Plus, some say the sporty sound doesn't match the "luxurious" aspect of the e60. To each his own.

Hope you find a buyer soon. Good luck.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545smg' post='200431' date='Nov 18 2005, 07:46 PM
rody - try the eisemann

I actually had the chance to hear UKAussi's Eisenmann (Racing version) in person and I liked it.......until I heard the B&B a week later. It was definately quieter than the B&B and would be a good alternative to consider if I decide to get another exhaust. I would still love to hear the Remus in person too. From peoples' descriptions it seems like the Remus has a deep sporty sound while still being "civilized" when you want it a bit more quiet.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 535i Dark Graphite

RODY RODY RODY,

Very nice meeting you man. THanks for the B&B. That exhaust sounds great. I had it put on right after I met up with you and loved the sound all the way back home. Now I cant wait to drive everywhere. Take care, thanks again.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UCLABMW' post='203400' date='Nov 25 2005, 04:41 PM
RODY RODY RODY,

Very nice meeting you man. THanks for the B&B. That exhaust sounds great. I had it put on right after I met up with you and loved the sound all the way back home. Now I cant wait to drive everywhere. Take care, thanks again.

I'm very happy that you like it.I hope the installation at that place went OK for you. I have to say that I do miss the sound of the B&B as I did love it everywhere OTHER than between 1000 to 2000 RPM. However, having had my wife and kids in the car a lot for the last couple of days I have to say that I'm happy with the stock exhaust............FOR NOW . I may end up getting the Remus or another exhaust that is not as loud as the B&B, I just wish somone around here had it on their 545 so that I could hear it in person before buying one.

I did take a video clip of the B&B a few days ago and I will be posting it here sometime in the next few days. I know there are a few B&B clips here already but this one is a bit "unique".

Quick Reply: B&B 545i Exhaust For Sale