Private Member Classifieds Items for sale by members who are not vendors should be posted here.

Alpina Front in Alpine White

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I'm looking to swap the Alpina front with my bumper for an AW standard pre-lci PDC bumper. There's a shop close by me, that can handle the swap.

I paid a grand for the front. It is in great condition, but has some wear on it. It is scuffed on the underside, but it is only visible from underneath. I also have all the original Alpina stickers ($500 for stickers alone from Alpina!), that I can include. Looking to get 750+original bumper.

Here are a few pics:
Alpina Front in Alpine White-003.png
Alpina Front in Alpine White-img_0272.jpg
Alpina Front in Alpine White-012.png
Old 05-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

can't believe you are giving this up, GLWS
Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cleung
can't believe you are giving this up, GLWS
Engine is done. Pretty sure the gasket got punctured (judging by how loudly it is knocking), I don't want to fix this car anymore... it needed brakes - no problem, 1200 bucks. Needed suspension - no problem, 1800. Original wheels kept getting bent and cracked - new wheels and tires, 2g's, no problem. I'm not even going to mention how many thousands I've sent the way of Garry Romani for all the random parts, like filters, etc etc... dude, I could have bought another BMW with the money I've spent maintaining this one. I'm done - I feel like, no matter how much you give this car, it will keep asking for more, and more, and more... probably not the best thing to write in the classified LOL but I just can't hold it in anymore - this thing got me all bent out of shape anyway, I'm giving up the Alpina front. Anyone want it? Let me know. I'm a reasonable guy and will consider any reasonable offer.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Very sorry to hear bro! I hope you get into something good. Whatever it may be.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear that V...in the same boat as you right now; well hopefully not as serious so I'm planning out a budget to see exactly how much more I have to put in to fix this engine noise, transmission gasket leak, then the bushings. Hopefully after today, the noise will go away after the water pump and tensioner replacement. If not then I'll bring it to an indy to verify the damage then let it go and move on to something else.

Hope you have better luck with your next one!!!

insert emoticon "have a beer on me"

Old 05-30-2011, 03:49 AM
Contributors

Thanks guys!
Old 05-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Sucks to see you go out like this. You are a great member on the forum, hope you stick around still!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:58 AM
Contributors

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I'm not gonna disappear - I'll still be on the forums. I might even get another 5er down the road... heck, I might even keep this one I'll see what makes most sense after I examine a couple of options closer.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Members

My Ride: White w/ auburn interior, 2005 BMW 545i, with sport package, smg, navigation, head-up display, premium sound package, and cold weather package

I'm interested pm me more details
Old 06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Engine is done. Pretty sure the gasket got punctured (judging by how loudly it is knocking), I don't want to fix this car anymore... it needed brakes - no problem, 1200 bucks. Needed suspension - no problem, 1800. Original wheels kept getting bent and cracked - new wheels and tires, 2g's, no problem. I'm not even going to mention how many thousands I've sent the way of Garry Romani for all the random parts, like filters, etc etc... dude, I could have bought another BMW with the money I've spent maintaining this one. I'm done - I feel like, no matter how much you give this car, it will keep asking for more, and more, and more... probably not the best thing to write in the classified LOL but I just can't hold it in anymore - this thing got me all bent out of shape anyway, I'm giving up the Alpina front. Anyone want it? Let me know. I'm a reasonable guy and will consider any reasonable offer.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It sucks when you unexpectedly have to find a new/preowned car. If you don't mind me asking, what are you plannin to get in the near future? Are you sticking with BMW? Best of luck with your new choice.

Quick Reply: Alpina Front in Alpine White