Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

Nice collection of BMW adverts

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 12:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found these on the southafrican website

enjoy

http://www.bmw.co.za/Fascination/Med...re/DEFAULT.htm

DD....making the wait a little more tolerable!
Old 05-20-2004, 01:41 AM
Contributors

hey I found some interesting but very strange fact in that website. go to the 5 series page. on the picture (showing the back of the 5) notice that the badge is on the left side and NO bmw badge!! i can understand about the engine badge..but no BMW badge..what the...
Old 05-20-2004, 02:03 AM
Contributors

Bizarre....the photo has been laterally flipped so the exhaust also exits from the wrong side!....doesn't explain the badge though.

Even here in Right hand Drive UK, they manage to fit the badge and keep the exhaust/model on the correct side
Old 05-20-2004, 04:01 AM
Senior Members

Someone at BMW ZA has gotten carried a little away by Photoshop?

-paasan
Old 05-20-2004, 04:07 AM
Senior Members

And check out this one too...

Nice trick Ha ha.
It seems that all of the photos on their site are flipped in order to make it look like the cars have their steering wheel on the right.

They could've just ripped this photo off the BMW UK site

-paasan
Old 05-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

south africa especially cape town is the secret car show capital on earth. i saw on many occasions top secret tutonic machines there filming advertising brochures and videos before they are released.
most mercedes and BMW ads are taken there, one day merc, bimmer the next.
i am priviledged to vist that country every year, just a few months ago in february i came head to head with the mercedes SLK55 snd SLR film crew with their security. i guess i over-reacted to the sight that they have to retake a section of the video!
the new 5 was there last year before its release in europe. i also learned that the 6 was also there at around the same time.
check out most german car catalogues, the location specifically is cape point which is a drop dead gor section of private winding roads by the atlantic ocean in the southern tip of the african continent. looks amazing next to a beach, sunset (perfect lighting), facing the ocean (with waves) and back to views of high hills. the drive is 30 minutes of up/down/straight and winding 2 lanes of newly paved highway with virtually no traffic and away from the public eye. it is a must stop for me, i floored my machine so hard there!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:33 PM
DrT
Members

Interesting the smaller I drive screen is blue on the UK pic but orange/brown on the reversed one !

That seat/dash colour combination (with blue I drive screen) is basically my car, DrD. The smell of new leather every morning is wonderful. Heated steering wheel on mornings like today is also lovely.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:23 AM
Senior Members

The UK one has Business nav. - while the reversed South African picture shows a car equipped with Professional nav.

You could also tell these are two different cars by the veneer in the dash.

-paasan
Old 05-24-2004, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by rollee' date='May 20 2004, 04:12 PM
south africa especially cape town is the secret car show capital on earth. i saw on many occasions top secret tutonic machines there filming advertising brochures and videos before they are released.
most mercedes and BMW ads are taken there, one day merc, bimmer the next.
i am priviledged to vist that country every year, just a few months ago in february i came head to head with the mercedes SLK55 snd SLR film crew with their security. i guess i over-reacted to the sight that they have to retake a section of the video!
the new 5 was there last year before its release in europe. i also learned that the 6 was also there at around the same time.
check out most german car catalogues, the location specifically is cape point which is a drop dead gor section of private winding roads by the atlantic ocean in the southern tip of the african continent. looks amazing next to a beach, sunset (perfect lighting), facing the ocean (with waves) and back to views of high hills. the drive is 30 minutes of up/down/straight and winding 2 lanes of newly paved highway with virtually no traffic and away from the public eye. it is a must stop for me, i floored my machine so hard there!
rollee, I agree that South Africa is beautiful. I was there once many years ago (around 1984) and spent many hours just driving the rental car (a Mazda 626) through the twisties at the base of the mountains. (Table Mountain, Lion's Head, and some others I can't remember the names of.)

You're lucky you get to go there annually. It's really a fantastic place to visit.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

i highly recommend visiting SA for anybody, not to mention the wine tours and drives along the garden route (3 days) through the mountain passes!
for me i really juiced that rental merc-c last time and grind it down, i also enjoyed the SA built 3 series.
by far the best i found are the women, they are really really nice, friendly, drop dead gor and speaks with a SA accent (major turn on)!