Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

Driving the Roßfeldstraße

Old 12-26-2009, 12:00 PM
  #1  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
JSpira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York und Wien
Posts: 2,158
Default

Today, before driving to Graz, I drove the Ro?feldstra?e.

Now I know why doing European delivery in winter is so much fun.

Complete photos here

JSpira is offline  
Old 12-26-2009, 12:02 PM
  #2  
Contributors
 
Anzafin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kajaani, Finland
Posts: 5,851
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004
Default

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='1080032' date='Dec 26 2009, 11:00 PM
Today, before driving to Graz, I drove the Ro?feldstra?e.

Now I know why doing European delivery in winter is so much fun.

Complete photos here

Great pics! Must have been a fun driving there!
Anzafin is offline  
Old 12-26-2009, 03:48 PM
  #3  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
JSpira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York und Wien
Posts: 2,158
Default

Originally Posted by Anzafin' post='1080034' date='Dec 26 2009, 04:02 PM
Great pics! Must have been a fun driving there!
Ja, it was!
JSpira is offline  
Old 12-26-2009, 05:35 PM
  #4  
Contributors
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 10,301
My Ride: See my signature
Default

Just gorgeous. My lease expires in March 2012. I am leaning toward going ED (hopefully an ED F10 M5). I don't think that that car (or a F10 550i Sport which I will get if the budget does not allow the M5) would survive on that road with its OEM summer tires. But it sure does look beautiful up there.
sdg1871 is offline  
Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 PM
  #5  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
JSpira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York und Wien
Posts: 2,158
Default

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1080122' date='Dec 26 2009, 09:35 PM
Just gorgeous. My lease expires in March 2012. I am leaning toward going ED (hopefully an ED F10 M5). I don't think that that car (or a F10 550i Sport which I will get if the budget does not allow the M5) would survive on that road with its OEM summer tires. But it sure does look beautiful up there.
Of course it is also a question of invalidating one?s insurance (if something were to happen and one had summer tires on, there would be no ins., for example).
JSpira is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 04:12 AM
  #6  
Senior Members
 
Richard in NC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 1,517
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3
Default

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='1080137' date='Dec 26 2009, 10:32 PM
Of course it is also a question of invalidating one?s insurance (if something were to happen and one had summer tires on, there would be no ins., for example).
Since its the law to require winter tires, wouldn't BMW have to provide for them if doing ED in the winter? Is it an option at least to rent them?
Richard in NC is offline  
Old 12-27-2009, 05:04 AM
  #7  
Senior Members
Thread Starter
 
JSpira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York und Wien
Posts: 2,158
Default

Originally Posted by Richard in NC' post='1080190 View Post
Is it an option at least to rent them?
I think my photos is proof that the answer is yes . BMW NA works with ED Winter Tires in Ismaning.
JSpira is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Randmaster
E60 Discussion
3
04-02-2019 07:58 AM
pigment
E61 Touring Discussion
1
06-30-2015 01:20 PM
seven11
E60 Discussion
31
06-12-2015 03:22 PM
nathanhun
E60 Discussion
0
05-08-2015 04:04 AM
Awest91
E60 Discussion
14
03-18-2015 02:26 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driving the Roßfeldstraße


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.