Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

Does this guy bug you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 525d M Sport, Mystic Blue Adaptive Xenon's (Visibility Package), Grey Dakota Leather, Professional Navigation System, BMW Professional Radio/6 Disc CD Changer, Bluetooth Telephone Prearation, (Media Package)Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, Auto Dim Interior and Exterior (Electric Folding) Mirrors, Front Seat Heating

It?s interesting to see that Jeremy Clarkson has become a bit of a household name in the USA too. He?s a legend here in the UK, and has presented top gear on and off for about 10 years or more.

How long has he been popular in the US? I honestly didn?t think his unique British humour would work in the US, especially due to his dislike of American cars, but I?m glad that car enthusiast?s across the pond are warming to him!
Old 01-20-2006, 06:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Ordered 550i ED on 9/24/05. Titanium silver, priority one seating (black), steptronic, sports package, premium sound system, active steering, comfort access, power rear sunshades, navigation, head up display, rear door air bag

Originally Posted by pipper' post='207117' date='Dec 4 2005, 05:40 PM
clarkson is great but i slightly prefer tiff needle (on 5th gear) when it comes to opinions on cars. i just think tiff is a "real driver" and clarkson is a journalist pretending to be a driver.
I'm with you on this analysis. I respect Tiff more but Jeremy is funny. I do like opinionated fare over the stuff that Motorweek produces. Mostly I watch the shows for the pictures of the cars.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d GT, Blue, Beige Dakota Leather, Pro Sat Nav, Interior Lights Pack, Adaptive Lights, Advanced Aircon

I seem to have love-hate relationship with JC - sometimes he really pisses me off, other times he's great.

I think Top Gear is a motor magazine programme for the masses, not "petrolheads", hence the producers & possibly JC feel they need to entertain........with wacky, crass and stupid comments.

Take Top Gear and JC at face value.... entertaining!

Of note though .... when he drove the M5 he criticised the i-Drive, yet when he drove the M6 with the other presenters = he was advising them how to configure the i-drive ----- a convert
Old 06-23-2006, 01:23 PM
Members

JC is a bit of a love-hate character, he does speak his mind but is quite tongue in cheek the rest of the time.

I'm trying to track down the source of a quote that he continually makes that industrial and mechanical processes only account for around 5% of greenhouse gases. The rest, he says, comes out of the backsides of animals! I'm trying to convert some non petrolheads.

Does anyone know if it's true and where does he get his facts from?
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

JC keeps it real so he's my homie for life!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

he is cool and most of UK hates him for what he dose but he isa good laff
Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

The guy is funny. Or at least, his script and ghost writers are. He is also tremendously biased, as well as politically incorrect for the taste of it.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

he rock$ and 700700 has him as avatar so what more is important?

he is harsh but it is ok, damn funny chap
Old 11-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mlist84' post='200231' date='Nov 18 2005, 11:28 PM
I agree. the guy is funny but one thing I notice he hates almost every inch of BMW automobile. [...]
I do not agree at all. Watch his E60 M5 review and you'll see that all negatives he starts with are simply bullshit, as he prepares to say that it is the best sedan in the world. So he did not wanted to plainly say the car is perfect, be come on... Nav lady cannot be stopped? He wants the radio louder but he presses the up/down steering wheel buttons for next/previous station? He lost his preffered radio station but cannot go back to it without tens clicks into iDrive menus? Why couldn't he just press down button to get back to what he was listening? Problems with signal command? Too many gearbox settings? Too many settings? Come on guys... Watch carefully and you'll see he plainly loves that car. Every negative thing he sais is just invented for those who do not drive E60s, to prepare the climax point: pushing the sport button.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big_ipaq' post='356424' date='Nov 15 2006, 06:37 PM
I do not agree at all. Watch his E60 M5 review and you'll see that all negatives he starts with are simply bullshit, as he prepares to say that it is the best sedan in the world. So he did not wanted to plainly say the car is perfect, be come on... Nav lady cannot be stopped? He wants the radio louder but he presses the up/down steering wheel buttons for next/previous station? He lost his preffered radio station but cannot go back to it without tens clicks into iDrive menus? Why couldn't he just press down button to get back to what he was listening? Problems with signal command? Too many gearbox settings? Too many settings? Come on guys... Watch carefully and you'll see he plainly loves that car. Every negative thing he sais is just invented for those who do not drive E60s, to prepare the climax point: pushing the sport button.
To me, seems like a BMW enemy, whereas he is a British cars supporter.
I'm watching him on TV, although we only are able to see one or two years old programmes.

Does anyone know any satellite channels in EU, broadcasting Top Gear?

Quick Reply: Does this guy bug you?