Press Articles & Your Comments Post links to 5 Series related magazine articles along with your commentary.

Does this guy bug you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoy wathcing this fellow on Top Gear, and it sure seems to me that he firmly has his tounge in cheek. But he sure seems to piss off more than a few.

JC Makes Few Friends
Old 11-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by tachyon' post='198593' date='Nov 15 2005, 10:28 AM
I enjoy wathcing this fellow on Top Gear, and it sure seems to me that he firmly has his tounge in cheek. But he sure seems to piss off more than a few.

JC Makes Few Friends
Clarkson is a top guy - he gets flak because he is very visibly pro-car and being on TV is an easy and high profile target for the anti-car lunatics. When he got that banana pie in the face I loved his response that the plane that flew the bananas over probably threw out more greenhouse gases than the cars that the "activists" love to denounce. Personally I love the guy - I think he makes the show and I love his sense of humor and irony. Top bloke in my book.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i SE Black Saphire, Black Dakota Leather, 116 type alloys

Originally Posted by swajames' post='198602

JC Makes Few Friends
Clarkson is a top guy - he gets flak because he is very visibly pro-car and being on TV is an easy and high profile target for the anti-car lunatics. When he got that banana pie in the face I loved his response that the plane that flew the bananas over probably threw out more greenhouse gases than the cars that the "activists" love to denounce. Personally I love the guy - I think he makes the show and I love his sense of humor and irony. Top bloke in my book.
[/quote]

Coouldn't agree more - I could watch him on TV till the Cows come home!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Contributors

I agree. the guy is funny but one thing I notice he hates almost every inch of BMW automobile. i dont know why. And every Aston Martin and Ford GT will have a top notch mark under his arm, eventhough his Ford GT has TONS of bugs and even shut off on the delivery (it was on one of the show).

Old 11-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He did like the BMW M6 on Top Gear last week when compared to the Aston Martin V8 which surprised me.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

and he also loves the M5 even though he hates the GPS lady!! he said the M5 might definately be his next car.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

Once, after getting a speeding ticket in France he referred to our French friends as "Cheese-eating surrender monkeys." Not something you would hear on politically correct US television.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

I really enjoy watching him. He speaks what a huge proportion of drivers think.

Im not bothered if he doesnt think the e60 is 'cool'. Its not meant to be a cool car by his definitions.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

clarkson is great but i slightly prefer tiff needle (on 5th gear) when it comes to opinions on cars. i just think tiff is a "real driver" and clarkson is a journalist pretending to be a driver.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Jeremy Clarkson is incredible. The show has to be the best motoring show on TV. These guy's have a ball making this programme and it shows. Imagine getting paid for having fun like this.

I read an article recently where Clarkson described Australia, he said "Why would anybody in the world ever want to go to Australia? A country with 7 out of 10 of the deadliest creatures in the world. A place that was shaped and governed by convicts and their ancestors". very funny guy.

Tiff Needel is a little too boring for my liking, I usually fall asleep during 5th gear.

Grinche

Quick Reply: Does this guy bug you?