5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Press Articles & Your Comments (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/)
-   -   BMW and Mercedes-Benz joining forces? (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/bmw-mercedes-benz-joining-forces-72354/)

narvselius 03-09-2009 07:40 AM

According to der Spiegel (a very serious weekly magazine in Germany) BMW and Daimler are planning to go a step further than the existing join venture projects by actually buying shares of each other. Shares will be bought mutually so that BMW and Daimler will owe 7% of each other. A first step to a union of the (former) arch rivals?

In the light of Audi's obvious advantages by getting a lot for free from VW, something needs to be done.

flyingpuck 03-09-2009 08:27 AM

Interesting, it should allow for 2 stronger companies! :geek:

530ISPORT 03-09-2009 10:54 AM

i`v been saying that mb and bmw should join, well not join completly, but come together and make the worlds best handeling fastest plush car, in the same price band as or bimmers and mb are now... could you imagin a bimmer susp with an AMG motor under the hood... :wow: :wow:

1600 03-10-2009 03:10 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ellicit 03-10-2009 08:29 PM

I dont want that shit to happen...

sixcard 03-11-2009 02:30 AM

Bad move.

The world needs the Packer v Bears, Alabama v Auburn, Boeing v Airbus, Dems v Republicans, Vodka v Gin, Chevy v Ford and for sure Benz v BMW.

IMHO

sixcard

Alpine White Girl 03-13-2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='813452' date='Mar 11 2009, 05:30 AM
Bad move.

The world needs the Packer v Bears, Alabama v Auburn, Boeing v Airbus, Dems v Republicans, Vodka v Gin, Chevy v Ford and for sure Benz v BMW.

IMHO

sixcard

yankees vs gay sox

sdg1871 03-16-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='811489' date='Mar 9 2009, 11:40 AM
According to der Spiegel (a very serious weekly magazine in Germany) BMW and Daimler are planning to go a step further than the existing join venture projects by actually buying shares of each other. Shares will be bought mutually so that BMW and Daimler will owe 7% of each other. A first step to a union of the (former) arch rivals?

In the light of Audi's obvious advantages by getting a lot for free from VW, something needs to be done.

I am not so enthused about this rumor because competition and rivalry is good for the consumer and for the quality of products. Then again, I too would not mind taking advantage of some of the immensely powerful AMG motors -- but NOT the crappy MB suspensions and steering.