5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Press Articles & Your Comments (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/)
-   -   BMW change focus (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/bmw-change-focus-60765/)

narvselius 08-29-2008 06:14 AM

Speculations that BMW will meet Audi's R8 can now be killed. According to Klaus Draeger, Product Manager, BMW will not join the horse race with Audi and M-B, instead they will shift focus to environmental friendly products under the Effecient Dynamics umbrella. Klaus Draeger also said in the same interview in AutoTelegraaf that is unlikely that there will be an M1 (!).

DRANGED 08-29-2008 06:29 AM

Booooo! Hiss! :thumbsdown:

mrfva 08-29-2008 07:05 AM

:o :ermm: :mad: :thumbsdown:

TexaZ3 08-29-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='657067' date='Aug 29 2008, 09:14 AM
Speculations that BMW will meet Audi's R8 can now be killed. According to Klaus Draeger, Product Manager, BMW will not join the horse race with Audi and M-B, instead they will shift focus to environmental friendly products under the Effecient Dynamics umbrella. Klaus Draeger also said in the same interview in AutoTelegraaf that is unlikely that there will be an M1 (!).

Somehow I really doubt that will happen though.
Come on. They will simply disappear as a premier car manufacturer if they'd do that. They are not that stupid.
Do you really believe that?

hondik 08-29-2008 07:42 AM

Smart move.

I'm sure M cars will stay and kick ass anytime.

BigMike 08-29-2008 08:05 AM

Oh come on!!! With all due respect, I'm getting sick and tired of all this environmental carbon footprint crap! Yes we should/will protect the earth but if the govt was that concerned about it, they'd do something about all the buses and major polluting factors... not just the 10,000 M5's in the States.

Sick of it!!

Big Mike
(preparing to build a house on stilts in anticipation of global warming flooding)

seoulman 08-30-2008 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='657148' date='Aug 30 2008, 01:05 AM
Oh come on!!! With all due respect, I'm getting sick and tired of all this environmental carbon footprint crap! Yes we should/will protect the earth but if the govt was that concerned about it, they'd do something about all the buses and major polluting factors... not just the 10,000 M5's in the States.

Sick of it!!

Big Mike
(preparing to build a house on stilts in anticipation of global warming flooding)

I live in a high rise on the 15th floor! No need for stilts! :lol:

seoulman 08-30-2008 11:31 AM

BMW may have decided not to produce another 'M1', but don't count on them not producing ultra high performance versions of their cars. Although BMW is an industry leader in the 'environmentally friendly' space, but BMW knows all too well that their M cars create tremendous amount of desire for their cars. Who hasn't dreamed of owning a car with that exclusive badge on the back? :wub: However, I think it would be safe to assume that there will be much more focus on increasing efficiency and reduction on emissions while going really fast! :lol:

formuleuno 08-30-2008 02:48 PM

The key word in the post above is "Speculation". BMW is working on some green technologies, but they are not going to abandon the core of their brand by not developing 'M' cars or competing with MB/Audi. It would be an insult to their pride if they didn't compete with their German rivals.

seoulman 08-31-2008 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by formuleuno' post='658091' date='Aug 31 2008, 07:48 AM
The key word in the post above is "Speculation". BMW is working on some green technologies, but they are not going to abandon the core of their brand by not developing 'M' cars or competing with MB/Audi. It would be an insult to their pride if they didn't compete with their German rivals.

:thumbsup: