5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Press Articles & Your Comments (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/)
-   -   BMW Belux - sales in Belgium and Luxembourg (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/bmw-belux-sales-belgium-luxembourg-67432/)

luxembourg 12-19-2008 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good News for BMW Belux (Belgium and Luxembourg) in the local press yesterday.
Sales of BMW in Luxembourg are about 30% up (compared 2008 to 2007). :thumbsup:
Perhaps overall numbers are relatively "small" compared to "big" European markets (5500 new registrations over the year), but still 30% sales rise is a significant one compared to any competitor on this small market, besides everyone is talking about some crisis, aren't they? :doh:

Congrats for BMW, thumbs down for us, local clients though...
(meaning: their service is still ... {let's say} far from perfect, salespeople seem not to care much if you're wondering in the showroom, even for an hour, unless you bother them they won't even make an effort to approach, no serious discounts discussions whatsoever; they simply sell enough to be happy, I assume ... :think:

Good for them though!

Attachment 67526

LW78 12-19-2008 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='748588' date='Dec 19 2008, 12:05 PM
Perhaps overall numbers are relatively "small" compared to "big" European markets (5500 new registrations over the year), but still 30% sales rise is a significant one compared to any competitor on this small market, besides everyone is talking about some crisis, aren't they? :doh:

Congrats for BMW, thumbs down for us, local clients though...
(meaning: their service is still ... {let's say} far from perfect, salespeople seem not to care much if you're wondering in the showroom, even for an hour, unless you bother them they won't even make an effort to approach, no serious discounts discussions whatsoever; they simply sell enough to be happy, I assume ... :think:

Good for them though!

Attachment 67526

Good to hear that BMW is doing OK in the Belux. For what I've heard, they're doing also OK in The Netherlands.

I completely understand your feeling regarding the salespeople, but it's most definetely not that terrible at any BMW dealership. I know more than enough BMW salespeople (I've been one myself for years :D ) and there are plenty of good ones out there! In fact, imo BMW salespeople are far better than f.i. the Audi and M-B people (but that's just m.o.!).

Ricracing 12-20-2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='748588' date='Dec 19 2008, 01:05 PM

Also in Finland BMW sales are up a lot in '08.

Especially the E60 has improved a lot, thanks to the new CO2 car tax law and the 520d.