5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Press Articles & Your Comments (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/)
-   -   BMW behind FIAT! (https://5series.net/forums/press-articles-your-comments-6/bmw-behind-fiat-22992/)

Lucky 03-04-2006 07:41 AM

Press news:

"Beginning in spring 2006, Fiat will offer as an option, on most models of its range, a car entertainment system that will include an USB 2.0 socket to download music, pictures and videos to the car computer. The system will run on Microsoft Windows Mobile OS; the cost will be between 300 and 400 Euros. "

No more details are available yet and the text was accompanied only by a very small picture depicting an USB socket in a Punto dashboard. But that is the direction where I would like to see BMW to go!

Go ahed again, BMW, and don't let FIAT to overcome you in the IT field!

wales34part 03-04-2006 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky' post='249725' date='Mar 4 2006, 04:41 PM
Press news:

"Beginning in spring 2006, Fiat will offer as an option, on most models of its range, a car entertainment system that will include an USB 2.0 socket to download music, pictures and videos to the car computer. The system will run on Microsoft Windows Mobile OS; the cost will be between 300 and 400 Euros. "

No more details are available yet and the text was accompanied only by a very small picture depicting an USB socket in a Punto dashboard. But that is the direction where I would like to see BMW to go!

Go ahed again, BMW, and don't let FIAT to overcome you in the IT field!

one step at a time

lets hope that BMW/Siemens sort out their existing technological gripes (idrive, nav software, phone compatibility) before they venture into cutting edge :geek: technology like USB ports.

Good for Fiat for being so forward thinking - they do afterall have such a good reputation for electrical and electronic components - :nono: :whistle: :blink: :D

KAF 03-04-2006 08:56 AM

Now all they need to do is biuld a car that lasts more than 3 weeks!

ImolaRedM 03-04-2006 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky' post='249725' date='Mar 4 2006, 11:41 AM
Press news:

Sorry, but I do not, would not want to see Windows Mobile on a BMW. :nono:

Ricracing 03-04-2006 10:11 AM

Get, Lucky, a Fiat in you feel so :thumbsdown:

Freewilly 03-04-2006 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='249760' date='Mar 4 2006, 10:17 AM
Sorry, but I do not, would not want to see Windows Mobile on a BMW. :nono:

Too bad for you, iDrive is running Microsoft OS :thumbsdown:

ImolaRedM 03-04-2006 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='249785' date='Mar 4 2006, 02:13 PM
Too bad for you, iDrive is running Microsoft OS :thumbsdown:

That explains alot then. :geek:

Freewilly 03-04-2006 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='249788' date='Mar 4 2006, 11:15 AM
That explains alot then. :geek:

It's okay. I found the info out in this forum, too.

ats77 03-04-2006 10:42 AM

:wow: :D thx my friend after "will my 19" rub" this is the funniest thread, not your fault...it is the press.

BUt so funny, who ****** cares for Fiat and usb2 or wifi or mp3, man I got my mp3 in the cd no nav, I got the mp3 player 20gb and with ax-in and L7 no probs. So whattup w MS, then they will have the blue death screen... it is the best sedan in the world. Try to go out Sat evening with a Punto and just watch when Black Mamba ala HM enters...who will win.

BMW is not obliged to be a "pimp my ride" entertainment car, you can hook up a mini mac, or sg else than who cares for Fiat. Except Fiat-Ferrari. :thumbsup:

ps. in Hobi's car there is a hdd playing divx movies and anything you want, he asked himself what he can put in the rear armrest, a PS2 :thumbsup:

Lucky 03-04-2006 10:56 AM

Well, a lot of people seem to heat up when anybody checks the BMW supposed brand superiority. Of course I never intended to claim that FIAT products are in the same class of BMW ones but, in any case, I think that the USB port built-in the car is a very clever way to download any kind of files into the car system, be it a musical file or videos or whatever. The only serious drawback I can think of is that installing in your car an "open" system could, possibly, bring into your car any kind of virus, malware and the like. For this reason I believe that, in FIAT cars, the infotainment system will not, in any case, be integrated with any other car's system the way I-drive is.