5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Other BMW Models (https://5series.net/forums/other-bmw-models-12/)
-   -   Where the heck do you get Z8's? (https://5series.net/forums/other-bmw-models-12/where-heck-do-you-get-z8s-5402/)

The Pentium Guy 12-13-2004 05:43 PM

These aren't cars you'd simply find on the dealer lot, where the hell would you get em? And how much are they? (not that I'm going to buy one.. heh... besides I hate the center mounted instrument cluster)

- The Pentium Guy

Jimbo 12-13-2004 07:34 PM

I saw a black Z8 at shelly bmw in Buena Park, CA, USA. It was $128k last time I was there. It had been around awhile so you might get a discount if it's still there.

What's your location Pentium Guy? You might want to update your profile.

The Pentium Guy 12-14-2004 01:21 PM

128K? Holy crap! For that amount of money, I'd rather get a 760Li or ... a Bentley Contenental GT ;).

I'm in Mass, US.

edit: about my profile - yeah I've been lazy ;).

paasan 12-15-2004 02:05 PM

The Z8 had a production cap of 2000 vehicles, AFAIK, which was met last summer. In some time this car will be a true classic, only increasing in value. If used properly it may be a fairly ok investment.

bmwin14rsm 12-15-2004 08:10 PM

In my Opinion, the Z8 is one of the most beautiful vehicles on the planet. If I could afford it, I would be there.

Rudy 12-15-2004 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Pentium Guy' date='Dec 14 2004, 05:21 PM
edit: about my profile - yeah I've been lazy ;).
[snapback]69101[/snapback]

In the time it took you to edit that post, you could have editted your profile... ;)

EBMCS03 12-19-2004 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Dec 15 2004, 09:16 PM
[quote name='The Pentium Guy' date='Dec 14 2004, 05:21 PM']edit: about my profile - yeah I've been lazy ;).
[snapback]69101[/snapback]

In the time it took you to edit that post, you could have editted your profile... ;)
[snapback]69577[/snapback]
[/quote]

HAHAHHAHHAHA

but you can find all the info you want here... http://www.bmwz8.us/

jon-e-jam 12-22-2004 09:21 PM

Folk I hate to be the one to tell you if you ever are able to afford a Z8, and wreak it be prepared to have your vehicle repairs done by BMW ONLY, not no abc bodyshop or even M2 Collision Centers or a Fix shop. This vehicle's structure is mostly aluminum, and requires a clean enviroment to work on. Your Z8 will have to be towed to BMW in Oxnard where it will be fixed and it takes MONTHS to repair back to BMW specs. Believe me when i tell you this. I send a customer's vehicle there 2 years ago in the begining of spring and got it back just in time for X-mas. That customer was in a rental car for a while at his own expense and still making the lease payments too!!! after all was done Farmers still paid the bill completely minus his 1000 deductable. Oh the bill was 73000.00. still not a total.

EBMCS03 12-22-2004 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by jon-e-jam' date='Dec 22 2004, 10:21 PM
Folk I hate to be the one to tell you if you ever are able to afford a Z8, and wreak it be prepared to have your vehicle repairs done by BMW ONLY, not no abc bodyshop or even M2 Collision Centers or a Fix shop. This vehicle's structure is mostly aluminum, and requires a clean enviroment to work on. Your Z8 will have to be towed to BMW in Oxnard where it will be fixed and it takes MONTHS to repair back to BMW specs. Believe me when i tell you this. I send a customer's vehicle there 2 years ago in the begining of spring and got it back just in time for X-mas. That customer was in a rental car for a while at his own expense and still making the lease payments too!!! after all was done Farmers still paid the bill completely minus his 1000 deductable. Oh the bill was 73000.00. still not a total.
[snapback]71721[/snapback]

Dont worry... no dealer even works on Z8 repairs... only the VDC does. Even damaged Z8s from Washington gets shipped down to the VDC in Oxnard for repairs.

jon-e-jam 12-22-2004 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Dec 23 2004, 01:38 AM
[quote name='jon-e-jam' date='Dec 22 2004, 10:21 PM']Folk I hate to be the one to tell you if you ever are able to afford a Z8, and wreak it be prepared to have your vehicle repairs done by BMW ONLY, not no abc bodyshop or even M2 Collision Centers or a Fix shop. This vehicle's structure is mostly aluminum, and requires a clean enviroment to work on. Your Z8 will have to be towed to BMW in Oxnard where it will be fixed and it takes MONTHS to repair back to BMW specs. Believe me when i tell you this. I send a customer's vehicle there 2 years ago in the begining of spring and got it back just in time for X-mas. That customer was in a rental car for a while at his own expense and still making the lease payments too!!! after all was done Farmers still paid the bill completely minus his 1000 deductable. Oh the bill was 73000.00. still not a total.
[snapback]71721[/snapback]

Dont worry... no dealer even works on Z8 repairs... only the VDC does. Even damaged Z8s from Washington gets shipped down to the VDC in Oxnard for repairs.
[snapback]71728[/snapback]
[/quote]

I know its crazy, were factory certified, but were not allowed .......yet, to repair them. just as well were so busy its not even funny.