Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

what are your opinions of Bangle..

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me personally Bangle Rocks,, I think he's finally turning out good designs. In the beginning with the z4 and 7, 5...he might have been a little shaky,

the new 6 series looks like a million bucks, the new 3 series very stylish, the x6 , x5....I like them all... I can't wait for the 2009 5 series

For the most part, BMWs are now sales luxury leader overtaking Mercedes, they are finally catching on.. in fact I myself am planning a switch over to BMW after 3 generations of MB, because of the stylish , and btter reliability. if he makes designs symetrical and stays away from the weird rear end treatments , I actually think they are good designs. Maybe BMW needs to have a second designer go over and re-do Bangle's design to make them more easier on the eyes. and then they are just perfect
Old 12-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I hope he dose keep up the good work, can not wait until the F10 comes out
Old 12-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

I didn't even know who Bangle was before I found this forum
Old 12-11-2006, 11:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by arcleid' post='366384' date='Dec 12 2006, 04:19 PM
I didn't even know who Bangle was before I found this forum
nop can you tell me
Old 12-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

Originally Posted by vinm5' post='365413' date='Dec 9 2006, 02:09 PM
me personally Bangle Rocks,, I think he's finally turning out good designs. In the beginning with the z4 and 7, 5...he might have been a little shaky,

the new 6 series looks like a million bucks, the new 3 series very stylish, the x6 , x5....I like them all... I can't wait for the 2009 5 series

For the most part, BMWs are now sales luxury leader overtaking Mercedes, they are finally catching on.. in fact I myself am planning a switch over to BMW after 3 generations of MB, because of the stylish , and btter reliability. if he makes designs symetrical and stays away from the weird rear end treatments , I actually think they are good designs. Maybe BMW needs to have a second designer go over and re-do Bangle's design to make them more easier on the eyes. and then they are just perfect
BMW has always been design leaders. Look at all the other cars out now with the Bangle, ala Camry. Only thing I wish BMW would stay away from is to make their entire line-up 1 - 7 series all look similar.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

Originally Posted by low_ball_88' post='366592' date='Dec 12 2006, 12:20 PM
BMW has always been design leaders. Look at all the other cars out now with the Bangle, ala Camry. Only thing I wish BMW would stay away from is to make their entire line-up 1 - 7 series all look similar.
Totally agree
Old 01-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Members

I think Bangle has done the job BMW asked for, that is, create a new design in automotive engineering. Look at the designs made under Bangle, its moving BMW away from conservative styling into the future.

I like to think that BMW has tried to do this one time before, and thats with the E36. Before the E36 al BMW`s looked like an evolution of the former model. Throughout the ranges (I`m talking about the saloons and 3-door 3 serie) of all models, from 3,5,7 the car in the higher range was bulkier but the same.

Until the E36 came.
It made the E30 and the E34/E32 instantly look old. A fast leap forward in evolution. With the E46 they made a smoother, rounder looking car, and the ranges of BMW`s (3 E46, 5 E39, 7 E38) had the conservative look once again.

Then, with Bangle, revolution came.
No more smoothend round lines, but crisp, square tough, bulky but trained profiles were added (offcourse some round lines still exist), and there was a car line for which i think is revolution in upper class segment. Ford was there in the lower class with the new edge designs, but in higher class all remained conservative (mercedes, lexus, audi although mercedes is getting there now with the CLS (which is just bang-on)).

For me personally the Bangle look, creates a new era, goodbye with the old design (and 'round') cars, into the future, where cars look fresh, crisp and more like sculping a car, then moulding a car.

O.k. lets concentrate on the E60.

To me it`s a good design. It looks new, fresh, nothing then ever before and still classic, one could park it in front of the Colosseum in Rome and it would look classic (f.e. in black) or park it in front of the Atomium in Brussels and it looks high-tech (f.e. in silver). It`s the second design of BMW I really like (the first one is the E36).

The color of the E60 influences the shape if you like (it`s more the light over the lines of the car). It gives that extra 'personalization / individual' look where people are looking for nowadays.

In black (Jetblack), to me the classiest look a car can have, it looks like a smoking for a gala. A car which a CEO would drive. In silver (Titanium Silver Metallic), it somewhat looks like a spaceship, which just screams high-tech, perfect for a young IT consultant. In white, a color I normally don`t even like on a car, it says M-power to me, a white M5 is absolutely stunning. If I was a businessman that whould like to show my customers that I like cars, but I don`t want to show off, I would opt for darkgrey (Titanium Gray II Metallic) or blue (Mystic Blue Metallic). A young family in the suburbs which need a safe car for the everyday commute to work / school, would be complemented by a warm color like Amethyst Gray Metallic or Olivin Green Metallic.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 PM
JDN
Contributors

Trend setter
Old 01-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by low_ball_88' post='366592' date='Dec 12 2006, 03:20 PM

hehe.... Bangle once said he wanted to get away from the same sausage-different-length concept. This was back in the day of the E39 and E38.

I like the designs but I think there are places he goes too far. There are too many cuts on the Z4 for example and the hood on that car is just horrible; the four corner idea was poorly executed.

One area I think Bangle has really lost it is with ergonomics. His team has thrown that word out the window.