Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Test drive 335cia

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

Yesterday I had the chance too drive the 335i in 1 hour. First of all this car is beutyful from outside and inside.
I starded the engine and was suprised what a awesome sound it haves I started too drive it slow and reached the roundabout and I can only say that my car handels better in the curves, when I was leaving the roundabout I pushed it too the max and shit pommes frit this car is realy realy fast The new steptronic is twice as fast than mine and I have newer drived a better automatic transmission. The bad news is then you drive it at high speeds it is a bit noisy especialy from the windows :thumbsdown: I leaved the motorway and stoped too test the 0-100km/h and turned of DTC and selected the first gear and lounched it I was spechelles how fast and good this car pulls from low too hig rpm and whith a realy awesome sound from the engine and exhousts I have tested the 130i whith 265ps whith manuell tranny and can only say that this car is heavyer and have AT and only 40 ps more, not a chance It fells so much more faster than the 130i
I will for sure change too the facelifted 535i in MARS 07
Old 09-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

Ooooooooooh I'm going to GET SOME of that 335iA love tomorrow or the day after tomorrow! (or then on Friday)! Can't wait!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I also ordered a test drive last week - maybe next week

Remember guys, there's a facelifted E60 coming out with the
same engine and tranny
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

I am happy for you guys that you got too testdrive it But please you do it on your own risk and you could later regret it becouse you are hooked And later the nice guy will say I whant one now
Old 09-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

Does the 335i come with runflats? If it does is it plagued by the same rough ride as the E60s equiped with rft tyres?
Old 09-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by sapkan' post='339144' date='Sep 27 2006, 02:09 PM
Does the 335i come with runflats? If it does is it plagued by the same rough ride as the E60s equiped with rft tyres?

Yes! Standard is 17" but also the extra 18" and 19" wheels are equipped with RF's.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='339175' date='Sep 27 2006, 05:13 PM
Yes! Standard is 17" but also the extra 18" and 19" wheels are equipped with RF's.
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wowe' post='338893' date='Sep 26 2006, 10:26 PM
I am happy for you guys that you got too testdrive it But please you do it on your own risk and you could later regret it becouse you are hooked And later the nice guy will say I whant one now
And then when the new M3 will come out in half a year or so the new 335i will be so commoun or at least that will be the impresion.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

Originally Posted by wowe' post='338727' date='Sep 26 2006, 08:29 AM
Yesterday I had the chance too drive the 335i in 1 hour. First of all this car is beutyful from outside and inside.
I starded the engine and was suprised what a awesome sound it haves I started too drive it slow and reached the roundabout and I can only say that my car handels better in the curves, when I was leaving the roundabout I pushed it too the max and shit pommes frit this car is realy realy fast The new steptronic is twice as fast than mine and I have newer drived a better automatic transmission. The bad news is then you drive it at high speeds it is a bit noisy especialy from the windows :thumbsdown: I leaved the motorway and stoped too test the 0-100km/h and turned of DTC and selected the first gear and lounched it I was spechelles how fast and good this car pulls from low too hig rpm and whith a realy awesome sound from the engine and exhousts I have tested the 130i whith 265ps whith manuell tranny and can only say that this car is heavyer and have AT and only 40 ps more, not a chance It fells so much more faster than the 130i
I will for sure change too the facelifted 535i in MARS 07
I also had a chance to test drive the vehicle a couple of weeks ago. Nice acceleration like you mentioned but in the US, rarely do you have the opportunity to drive like that. I floored it several times on the highway and at a signal light. It was powerful and the engine sound has a nice roar but it is too loud for me. I would prefer the V8, 550i that purrs like a kitten with power and authority. FWIW, the 335ci is way too small but it would be okay as a second or third car not your primary car. At $50K USD, that is pricey to say the least.

Can't wait to see what the price is for a 535i. I has to be priced between the 530 and the 550. So I guess it will be around $4-5K USD more. So a well equiped 535i will cost around $63K out the door. That is expensive!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Please see signature

Originally Posted by wowe' post='338727' date='Sep 26 2006, 02:29 PM
I starded the engine and was suprised what a awesome sound it haves I started too drive it slow and reached the roundabout and I can only say that my car handels better in the curves
Wowe, are you saying that your 530i handles better than the 335i, or am I misunderstanding you?

The new steptronic is twice as fast than mine and I have newer drived a better automatic transmission.
I need to try it for myself - tempted to go back to a manual, but if the "new" steptronic is much better, it might change my mind.

The bad news is then you drive it at high speeds it is a bit noisy especialy from the windows :thumbsdown:
Yes, I was afraid of that. When you get used to the quiet of a 5 Series, most other cars seem noisy. It's the main reason I didn't get a 330d the last time around. The 530d was just so much more refined.

Quick Reply: Test drive 335cia