Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

The new X6!

Old 06-23-2005, 03:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[attachment=10930:attachment]

Here are first photos confirming BMW's official statement made at the last Geneva Motor Show. The Bavarian carmaker is about to extend the X5 model range with an additional 4x4 "coupe," based on the same platform.

In this case, the word "coupe" does not mean a two-door, but, as in Mercedes CLS500 marketing jargon, refers to a sporting model with coupe-like roofline, even if it has four doors.

Rumors are that the new model will be named the X6. The first development mule is now doing laps at Germany's famous N?rburgring. These early development mules have a clever modular frame that allows all weight- (and, therefore, handling-) critical items to be positioned differently and in small steps, in order to find their optimum position for superior road-holding, handling, steering, and comfort. Similarly, the mules offer easy access to the suspension geometry, springs, dampers, and steering, which all can be varied and fine-tuned.

The test mule sports a non-production body made as simply as possible to cover the mechanical parts. It offers no indication of the final vehicle's styling or design.

The newcomer is reported to be a sporty looking crossover four-door, four-seater. It gets front-mounted engines ranging from a V-8 with either 340 hp or 450 hp, to a V-10 with 612 hp.

BMW hopes to be alone in this "coupe" market. By offering a high seating position and four-wheel drive, they would be without a direct competitor, at least initially. That's only until Porsche brings on the Panamera, a four-door coupe due in 2009.?

Just like the current and the next X5, the new X6 will be built in the United States in South Carolina and is scheduled for release in 2008.
got the above info from the web. looks pretty cool .
Old 06-23-2005, 05:14 AM
Members

(Drooling!!)
Old 06-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Could be one of those mis-information stories.

I'm sure I've seen a piccie of an X6 that was something along the lines of the X3/X5.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife was asking me the other day if 6-series has 4-door version, and I replied "No". But today, I found it. Maybe she'd like it.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Senior Members

read the following article from automobile magazine. i think a suv is more like the new x6.

BMW Plans Performance-oriented X6 SUV for 2008 Release.

In late 2008, expect BMW'S X team to gain another member. The Bavarians reportedly are developing a sporty SUV called the X6, which will be built from the same architecture as the next X3 and X5.

From what we know today, the X6 will look more dynamic and fetching than the Porsche Cayenne. Think of it as BMW's answer to the Infiniti FX45 and the new Land Rover Range Rover Sport. Although it will share its wheelbase with the X5, the X6 will be better equipped and pricier, even while offering no more rear-seat and cargo space than the X3, as a result of its swept roofline. The X6 will fit four or five passengers, depending on whether a reported 4+1 arrangement with a part-time central jump seat reaches production.

BMW's 3.0-liter in-line six and 367-hp, 4.8-liter V-8 engines are likely, although it is doubtful that either will be offered with a manual transmission in the United States. A 30/70 front/rear torque split, lightweight body panels, advanced stability control, and large brakes and tires should make the X6 even sportier than the X5.

BMW also is developing two so-called space-functional concepts, or crossovers, including a family activity vehicle (FAV) due in 2009 and a luxury activity vehicle (LAV) aimed squarely at the new Mercedes R-class and due in late 2008. The six-seat LAV will be based on 5- and 7-series components and built in Germany, whereas all future X models will be assembled in North America, including the X3, which currently is built in Austria. See the July issue of Automobile Magazine for pictures.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Members

My Ride: X3 | 3.0 | 6-speed manual

Originally Posted by my530i' date='Jun 23 2005, 07:55 PM
My wife was asking me the other day if 6-series has 4-door version, and I replied "No". But today, I found it. Maybe she'd like it.
[snapback]142570[/snapback]
It's called the 5-series. What were you thinking
Old 06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Contributors

According to AutoBild this is the picture of the X6, not the cross between the E90 and E63 that is shown above:

This also matches the description given in the Automobile article (sleek SUV like the FX45).

Here's the link to the article: >>>>>Click Here<<<<<
Old 06-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

i've seen the same pic from one of the magazines as well.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jun 30 2005, 05:29 PM
i've seen the same pic from one of the magazines as well.
[snapback]144820[/snapback]

Is the x6 is not the first car pictured, this what is it? i would like bmw needs a model to compete with the 4 door porsche and the mb cls.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

i'm not sure what that "thing" called but still hot. i'll take that over cls any day .

Search this Thread