5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Other BMW Models (https://5series.net/forums/other-bmw-models-12/)
-   -   The new 6-series GT (https://5series.net/forums/other-bmw-models-12/new-6-series-gt-99745/)

Ricracing 06-09-2010 09:14 AM

The new BMW 6-series GT will be a reality in the 2nd quarter of 2012.

See the pics here!

pjinca 06-09-2010 09:28 AM

Sorry Ric, it's a repost - but a very attractive one :drool: I love the look of that car, I think they will be producing it too which would make for a tough decision between that and the F10 for me. :twoup:

m630 06-09-2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by pjinca (Post 1187965)
:drool: I love the look of that car, I think they will be producing it too which would make for a tough decision between that and the F10 for me. :twoup:

Come on now pjinca, its not really a tuff decision unless they price this thing out of wack now is it???!!! :wink:
The f10 design is boring, old-ish looking, perhaps luxurious on the inside, and a real porker with a flat nose!!!
So, unless the Grand coupe in production form veers significantly from the concept, its not even a question as to which car will be more sporty and fit as the proper evolution of the BMW sport saloon. BMW really missed the mark with the f10, but thankfully this may resolve that major error. :whistle: i just hope its out earlier than mid '12, i have a date with a new car in early '12!!!! :P

nomis_nehc 06-09-2010 05:29 PM

Whoa! Look at those crazy halos!

I like it much more than the F10, that's for sure.

pjinca 06-09-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by m630 (Post 1188213)
Come on now pjinca, its not really a tuff decision unless they price this thing out of wack now is it???!!! :wink:
The f10 design is boring, old-ish looking, perhaps luxurious on the inside, and a real porker with a flat nose!!!
So, unless the Grand coupe in production form veers significantly from the concept, its not even a question as to which car will be more sporty and fit as the proper evolution of the BMW sport saloon. BMW really missed the mark with the f10, but thankfully this may resolve that major error. :whistle: i just hope its out earlier than mid '12, i have a date with a new car in early '12!!!! :P

Okay, I got to agree with you. The only thing that kept me for really considering the 6 series was the fact that I need 4 doors - I have kids. If this car looks like the concept and comes in an M version - it's a no brainer :thumbsup:

m630 06-10-2010 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by pjinca (Post 1188230)
Okay, I got to agree with you. The only thing that kept me for really considering the 6 series was the fact that I need 4 doors - I have kids. If this car looks like the concept and comes in an M version - it's a no brainer :thumbsup:

:lol: it will be nice to see too if they keep the 6 series theme inside, one of the nicest things about the e63 interior is that it wraps around you like a cockpit, and feels intimate even though the car is very wide...im looking for 4doors next time 'round too, so im very happy that this is a real option... :twoup:

sdg1871 06-10-2010 04:25 AM

Damn that's a sweet looking ride. I could totally see me and Victor rolling in it. It depends on pricing and on whether those swoopy lines will compromise trunk room and rear seat headroom as swoopy lines often do. We are a one car family so our ride has to be a jack of all trades. But that is a worthy competitor in the looks department to the gorgeous looking MB CLS.

EuroCarFan 06-10-2010 06:12 AM

The latest Bimmer magazine reports that this car may already be in production and will most likely be called an 8 series, not a 6.