Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

New 330i m-sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've started to have some regrets abut my 530d:

1. I miss flicking through the gears with a short shift manual gearbox.
2. I wish I'd got the m-sport for the sports suspension, the fabulous steering wheel and the snug seats.
3. Much as I believe the 3.0l diesel engine to be more powerful on the road and a more sensible choice than the 3.0l petrol - I think that a 3.0l straight six sounds like a whole lot of fun.
4. My warrenty is going to run out in Mar 07 and my milage is going to creep past the point at which my local dealer will give me serious money for a trade in.

I've thought about various things, but I'm drifting toward the idea that a brand spanking new manual 330i m-sport with pro-nav sounds like quite a lot of fun and will be about the same money I currently pay each month.

I know the 335i is coming and I know the e60 is the better car in many ways and I know that a diesel engine is the more sensible thing to do.

But it just sounds fun - which I like.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

Update - I did it - I just ordered a sapphire black metallic 330i m-sport with pro nav - should be ready by early September in time for the new 56 plate.

3.0l straight six and a six speed manual gear box = fun.

I've managed to clear the finance on my car and sort out the funding so that it will cost the same as my 2 year old 530d does.

I'm kind of exited
Old 07-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Contributors

so quiet around your post I can hear the crickets . Anyhoo, I'm happy for ya The 330i is a fine car and I'm playing with the idea of going e90 when the new M3 arrives in 2007.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

i knew you would...please get the coupe... so much sexier
Old 07-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Senior Members

Yes...congrats. I feel the same way man.
Let me put it this way. Car is perfect in every way, no flaws, just perfect...none of the large problems i've seen. It handles incredibily good for a 1,8 tone diesel 4 door. It still can surprise me wonderfull sometimes. BUT...i also miss the sountrack of the petrol engine. If i drive sporty most of the time and i don't do SOOO much miles/year to really support the economical facilities of the diesel, AND i hardly use all 4 doors on the car...i don't see why i don't go for a 2 door petrol model bmw. Now the problem is the 335i coupe will be for sure a step forword but not as much as i would want. I am sure i will get used to the car too quickly since the performance gain isn't mindblowing and the whole package isn't that mindblowing either. I'd rather wait for the new M3 and then get it just after 1 year or so of production. Now i just have to mod the current E60 a bit and satisfy my growing hunger...
Old 07-06-2006, 11:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='307766' date='Jul 7 2006, 03:46 AM
i knew you would...please get the coupe... so much sexier
I'd love the 335i coupe to be honest - but I wanted to change NOW and I would have had marital difficulties if I had bought a 2 door car again (this is our main family car as well).

I'd have ignored all that - except:

1. I wanted the m-sport kit and that will be a longer wait for the coupe.
2. Dealer would have had me over a barrell financially on the coupe and I got the 330i for a steal.

And I hate to admit it, but your right - although I still think the 530d is a better car on a 'sensible' level - I just want a small car with a high revving 3.0 litre manual stright six - I'm just not a grown up yet.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Originally Posted by needforspeed' post='307631' date='Jul 6 2006, 10:22 PM
Update - I did it - I just ordered a sapphire black metallic 330i m-sport with pro nav - should be ready by early September in time for the new 56 plate.

3.0l straight six and a six speed manual gear box = fun.

I've managed to clear the finance on my car and sort out the funding so that it will cost the same as my 2 year old 530d does.

I'm kind of exited
Wow, u decided pretty fast mate. But i think u did the right thing. And ofcourse the 530d is a great car but it misses the sporty character that the 330i has. And ofcourse the terrific soundtrack.
Black is a very nice color for the car but have a look at silver also cause the M pack looks so much better on a light E90. Dont know why but it could be because the M pack on the E90 is less eye catching than on the E60. Just take a look at it.
Congrats again.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Georgos' post='307858' date='Jul 7 2006, 09:19 AM
Wow, u decided pretty fast mate. But i think u did the right thing. And ofcourse the 530d is a great car but it misses the sporty character that the 330i has. And ofcourse the terrific soundtrack.
Black is a very nice color for the car but have a look at silver also cause the M pack looks so much better on a light E90. Dont know why but it could be because the M pack on the E90 is less eye catching than on the E60. Just take a look at it.
Congrats again.
I think black loses out a bit on the sport models cause you don't notice the high gloss shadowline as much. I do like silver, but it is just too common in the UK at the moment.

I've always liked black on black cars - just a shame you can't have carbon black in a 3 series. My wifes a bit miffed cause she likes the titanium grey I have now - but never mind.

And your right about the soundtrack - it's going to cost me in petrol - but I just want the fun factor of a responsive petrol engine for a while - that's why I also went for manual - I want the speed of my current car with more involvement.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:06 AM
Senior Members

having to drive a diesel pretty much all the time, i must confess to you that the sense of urgency
and the adrenaline rush that you get from a petrol engine , really cannot be replicated..
Old 07-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 700700' post='307875' date='Jul 7 2006, 11:06 AM
having to drive a diesel pretty much all the time, i must confess to you that the sense of urgency
and the adrenaline rush that you get from a petrol engine , really cannot be replicated..
Well no backing out now - my 330i msport will be sitting at my dealers early August ready to receive a 56 plate in time for me picking it up in September.

Quick Reply: New 330i m-sport