Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Facelifted X3

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

will be out this year. Mostly will offer new engines like we have in 2005 E60 .... new 3D and new 3i engines

minor desgin changes, mostly the front, bigger grill as opposed to current X3
pict below is the current X3
Attached Thumbnails Facelifted X3-20_43d4ce64770bf.jpg  
Old 01-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Senior Members

are u sure about this? i don't see too much of a change for a proper facelifted model.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:15 PM
SKK
Senior Members

It looks worse. More bulbous at the back or is that just the way the picture has been taken ?

Either way I hope they sort out the ride. If you think the E60 is firm just take a ride in an X3 Sport model - and not even run flats !!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Its a hideous looking rattle bus that is not even made by BMW, but by some company in Austria for BMW. I know a couple of people that have them and want to trade them for X5's
Old 01-24-2006, 01:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I agree that the X3 is not very nice.... It has been around for almost 3 years and still don't like it at all.... the back of the car is like it has been kicked up in the a$$ compared to low ground sniffy front....
Old 01-24-2006, 05:22 AM
Members

My Ride: Titanium Silver 2004 525i, style 116 alloys,

I seem to be in the minority, I had a test drive in a non sport X3 2.5i and I was pretty impressed with the ride: softer than my 5 with non-RF, and pretty good body control and cornering (think it had non-RFs). Thought power was reasonable for the weight. Exhaust was louder than my 5, actually sounded kinda cool, but I think in the long term I would prefer the 5's muted growl.
Also liked the size - very manageable.
Interior a bit bland though, like a stripped down 3 series interior, but functional.
If I could get one at a good price I'd put it in my garage next to the 525
Old 01-24-2006, 05:37 AM
SKK
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Markymark' post='228771' date='Jan 24 2006, 02:22 PM
I seem to be in the minority, I had a test drive in a non sport X3 2.5i and I was pretty impressed with the ride: softer than my 5 with non-RF, and pretty good body control and cornering (think it had non-RFs). Thought power was reasonable for the weight. Exhaust was louder than my 5, actually sounded kinda cool, but I think in the long term I would prefer the 5's muted growl.
Also liked the size - very manageable.
Interior a bit bland though, like a stripped down 3 series interior, but functional.
If I could get one at a good price I'd put it in my garage next to the 525
In the UK at least, second hand X3 (petrol models) do seem to be going at bargain prices. I was offered a less than a year old X3 2.5 SE Auto in Silver and with leather for ?20k. Only 8k miles as well but not many extras.

The Sport model does ride pretty hard so if you don't like a firm ride its best avoided.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Thats a pretty good price I know they are about E70,000 here in Ireland, which is not a million miles away from X5 Pricing. I would take the X5 anyday. Look forward to seeing the latest incarnation which is meant to be out the end of the year as a 7 seater
Old 01-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='228728' date='Jan 24 2006, 08:22 AM
I agree that the X3 is not very nice.... It has been around for almost 3 years and still don't like it at all.... the back of the car is like it has been kicked up in the a$$ compared to low ground sniffy front....
Make an effort!

Mine looks better...

Facelifted X3-apicture_114.jpg
Facelifted X3-apicture_117.jpg
Facelifted X3-apicture_1201.jpg
Old 01-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Alex.br' post='229126
Make an effort!

Mine looks better...
[/quote]
still prefer the x5 thou
Attached Thumbnails Facelifted X3-1269246.jpg   Facelifted X3-1269249.jpg   Facelifted X3-1269247.jpg  

Quick Reply: Facelifted X3