Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

E90 Full Specs - some very intersting options

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 05:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New BMW 3 Series - In Depth

Text & photos courtesy BMW AG

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/news.../eng/bmw/1.html

some suprising options not available in the E60, such as BMW Online, an internet service with email access

'Using BMW Online, the driver is able to access an internet service selected in advance from a wide range of internet-based service options. Typical examples are the news, reception and transmission of e-mails, hotel reservations, and a ticket ordering service. Other on-board infotainment functions are available at the same time, allowing the customer, say, to listen to the radio and simultaneously check out the stock exchange. '

also a traffic service via iDrive:

V-Info plus: Immediate processing of traffic information by the navigation system.

'V-Info plus traffic information is another very convenient and practical tool making life a lot easier for the driver. Using this function, the car regularly calls up the latest traffic information on the driver?s planned route or around the current location via text message from a service provider. This data then goes straight into the navigation system, which is able to determine and calculate alternative routes, for example to avoid traffic congestion on the motorway. '

there is the comfort access option which sounds really cool, expanded voice command controls, rear LEDs, as well as AS II, and this car has gotten the highest ratings in every NCAP and US IIHS crash test

..the story also goes into great detail about the new R6 3.0, sounds like a great engine, in fact it sounds like a great package, i may be more confused than ever

the only problem i have with this press release is that it is NOT for the E60

... i really dont know what BMW is thinking here, but there are maybe 10 new options offered first in the E90 and not available in the E60 as of yet, which im sure will annoy many members here, as well as make those of us shopping, such as myself, a bit more hesitant since these options should be available in the E60 first but they are not...

looks like more waiting
Old 01-19-2005, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

Other new features in the E90 which are not on the E60 include:

Sports seats which feature the pneumatic side bolster adjustment that was fitted to the seats of the M3. I'm looking forward to that.

Trunk storage pack option which includes a slide out drawer beneath the rear window which will hold a laptop and is removable for increase space if using the through load option for bulky items.

Engine start button

Comfort access - a keyless entry and go option

Option of individual sliding centre armrests for driver and passenger

And of course....... i-drive is an option in this car that is only fitted if you order nav.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by m630' date='Jan 19 2005, 09:36 AM
New BMW 3 Series - In Depth

Text & photos courtesy BMW AG

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cfm/news.../eng/bmw/1.html

some suprising options not available in the E60, such as BMW Online, an internet service with email access

'Using BMW Online, the driver is able to access an internet service selected in advance from a wide range of internet-based service options. Typical examples are the news, reception and transmission of e-mails, hotel reservations, and a ticket ordering service. Other on-board infotainment functions are available at the same time, allowing the customer, say, to listen to the radio and simultaneously check out the stock exchange. '

also a traffic service via iDrive:

V-Info plus: Immediate processing of traffic information by the navigation system.

'V-Info plus traffic information is another very convenient and practical tool making life a lot easier for the driver. Using this function, the car regularly calls up the latest traffic information on the driver?s planned route or around the current location via text message from a service provider. This data then goes straight into the navigation system, which is able to determine and calculate alternative routes, for example to avoid traffic congestion on the motorway. '

there is the comfort access option which sounds really cool, expanded voice command controls, rear LEDs, as well as AS II, and this car has gotten the highest ratings in every NCAP and US IIHS crash test

..the story also goes into great detail about the new R6 3.0, sounds like a great engine, in fact it sounds like a great package, i may be more confused than ever

the only problem i have with this press release is that it is NOT for the E60?

... i really dont know what BMW is thinking here, but there are maybe 10 new options offered first in the E90 and not available in the E60 as of yet, which im sure will annoy many members here, as well as make those of us shopping, such as myself, a bit more hesitant since these options should be available in the E60 first but they are not...

looks like more waiting?
[snapback]80702[/snapback]
They probably feel that ten more electronic functions would result in E60 spontanious meltdown.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by niktee' date='Jan 19 2005, 09:52 AM
They probably feel that ten more electronic functions would result in E60 spontanious meltdown.
[snapback]80710[/snapback]
lets hope not, i want email in the E60!

Old 01-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Remember, there were some functions listed for the E60 that were supposed to be available that were not available at launch, so you still have to see what actually works when they hit the showroom. Also, the E60 introduced AS which I am sure some E65 owners felt should have been in their cars. The technology has to line up with the release of cars and it is impossible for BMW to line everything up. Also, if these functions were not standard, I wouldn't want them because the price is steep enough as is. I believe in Europe, they have real-time traffic information about accidents and alternative routes and such. I too wish some of these items were in the E60, but every model gives up a little something to the other models, and I like what the E60 offers as is today, so I'm not too disappointed.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Yep ... just like when the E60 was released, we have had some options and features that the E65 didn't have and still doesn't have.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Jan 19 2005, 08:38 AM
Remember, there were some functions listed for the E60 that were supposed to be available that were not available at launch, so you still have to see what actually works when they hit the showroom.? Also, the E60 introduced AS which I am sure some E65 owners felt should have been in their cars.? The technology has to line up with the release of cars and it is impossible for BMW to line everything up.? Also, if these functions were not standard, I wouldn't want them because the price is steep enough as is.? I believe in Europe, they have real-time traffic information about accidents and alternative routes and such.? I too wish some of these items were in the E60, but every model gives up a little something to the other models, and I like what the E60 offers as is today, so I'm not too disappointed.
[snapback]80731[/snapback]
I have to agree. This is just a press release. Most of the Traffic info etc is available on the E60 now. Just ask Iceman. Will it come to the US???????
Old 01-19-2005, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Through its strategic position alone within BMW?s model portfolio, the 3 Series makes a clear commitment to its eye-opening design: It is more sporting and dynamic than the 5 Series and more elegant and sophisticated than the Z4 and 1 Series.
This is exactly why I'm considering it as a replacement for my 535d.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by m630' date='Jan 19 2005, 02:36 PM
Just standard product life-cycle... The options will filter across to other models over time You can't always expect the 7 be better than 5 be better than 3 be better than 1 all the time

The E90 is a really important model for BMW - looks like they're still going to use run-flats!!! I can see the reviews already - great car, run-flats = horrible ride
Old 01-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Members

Autocar have actually complimented the ride. Apparently the test cars were shod with Pirelli Euforias which they believe are far better than the Bridgestone runflats they have driven the 5 on and I quote "if you're ordering a car, insist it comes with the silly sounding but brilliant Pirelli Euforias. They still pitter-patter a little over small bumps but compared to a Bridgestone shod 5 series I drove recently, they were a complete revelation".

The reviews are very positive about the car overall.

Quick Reply: E90 Full Specs - some very intersting options