Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Buying 335d coupé

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

My dad really fell in love with the new 3er coup?. He considers to sell the E60 and order an 335d. He drove only 5er for the last twenty years and now he ogles with a 335d. I don't think this is a good choice, because:

- He's a tax accountant and chartered accountant
- On that score the E92 is much too small for him having clients possessing chain of banks
- I'm sure the turkish people here in Germany (most of the Germans don't like them) will drive the 3er coup? as well. Will be the same as with E46 coup?.

How do you think about that? Should he order the E92 or should he wait for F10 535d? (last thing is my opinion)
Old 09-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by sese' post='330377' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:37 PM
- I'm sure the turkish people here in Germany (most of the Germans don't like them) will drive the 3er coup? as well. Will be the same as with E46 coup?.

YOu know what you'd give a Turkish guy that is living in Germany on his Birthday?

A digit 2.

He can then add it to his 3series and has a five series...

Old 09-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 2006 525d Steptronic, Carbon Black, M Sport-Package, Style 135M Rims, Beige Interior, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Comfort Seats, Professional Navigation with BMW Online and BMW Assist, HUD, Logic7, TV, Bluetooth, Speech Control, Active Steering, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, 6-Disc Changer, Heated Seats (front and back), Extended Climate, PDC, Sunroof, Auto-Dim. Int + Folding Exterior Mirrors, Electric Rear- and Side Blinds, Foldable rear seats, Electric Adjustable Steering Wheel

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='330379' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:41 PM

YOu know what you'd give a Turkish guy that is living in Germany on his Birthday?

A digit 2.

He can then add it to his 3series and has a five series...

Old 09-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sese' post='330377' date='Sep 3 2006, 08:37 PM
I am sorry, but there is a grain of racism in this comment. As a coloured foreigner living in austria, i face this type of prejudice on a regular a basis and i thought the last place to expect such comments is on this forum.

honestly speaking, who cares what people drive, if your dad likes the 3 series coupe, he should go buy it and believe me, that does not make him a Turk, and even if it did, is being a Turk a crime?

sorry, but a clear :thumbsdown: and to this thread...

rumman
Old 09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

That's not racism in this comment, it's facts.
It is a fact that the Turkish people living in Germany like to drive the BMW 3series. They also add a lot of ghetto bling bling to their cars. It is a fact that they are not known as beeing our best friends.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='330430' date='Sep 3 2006, 11:09 PM
That's not racism in this comment, it's facts.
It is a fact that the Turkish people living in Germany like to drive the BMW 3series. They also add a lot of ghetto bling bling to their cars. It is a fact that they are not known as beeing our best friends.
Correct. Nothing to add.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sese' post='330605' date='Sep 4 2006, 01:53 PM
Correct. Nothing to add.
so only because turks drive the 3 series bmw, it disqualifies any german to drive it simply because germans don't like the turks - let us not turn into a golf forum where members start ranking people according to their engine size and their "ghetto origins":

if life was as simple as putting people in groups then we have
... turks who pimp their e46...
... black people who are dealers ...
... pakistanis who are terrorists ...

and so on - and now you want to claim, there is nothing racist to this????
Old 09-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='330623' date='Sep 4 2006, 03:03 PM
so only because turks drive the 3 series bmw, it disqualifies any german to drive it simply because germans don't like the turks - let us not turn into a golf forum where members start ranking people according to their engine size and their "ghetto origins":

if life was as simple as putting people in groups then we have
... turks who pimp their e46...
... black people who are dealers ...
... pakistanis who are terrorists ...

and so on - and now you want to claim, there is nothing racist to this????
Every country has immigrants. Germany has Turks, Greece Albanians, and so on. Because of the laziness, barefacedness, etc. of most of them the natives don't like them or hate them. Racial prejudice breeds.

Many young Turks in Germany drive BMW's. Mainly E36, sometimes E46. They - don't know the word (in German its lease) - it and pimp it. Horrible music gets out the car and so on...

Because nearly all Germans are fed up with Turks I don't want my dad driving that car. But it's his decision...
Old 09-04-2006, 07:34 AM
Members

I think an IPban for Sese is the best way forward here. He might be young, but ignorance is not an excuse.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sese' post='330655' date='Sep 4 2006, 05:28 PM
Every country has immigrants. Germany has Turks, Greece Albanians, and so on. Because of the laziness, barefacedness, etc. of most of them the natives don't like them or hate them. Racial prejudice breeds.

Many young Turks in Germany drive BMW's. Mainly E36, sometimes E46. They - don't know the word (in German its lease) - it and pimp it. Horrible music gets out the car and so on...

Because nearly all Germans are fed up with Turks I don't want my dad driving that car. But it's his decision...
how blind must you be not to realize that your comments are racially abusive in one way or the other???

the sad part of the whole story is that if these were comments of your dad or someon in his generation, I would understand them, but you being young, it is a shame to see how you think.

I wonder where the "known german" racial prejudice towards polish people are when it comes to the polish-born Miroslav Klose scoring goals for Germany??

ps. Gastarbeiter sein heisst nicht gleich 2te Klasse!

Quick Reply: Buying 335d coupé