Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Brilliance Auto 2010 & M3 / M1 models from China

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About the Detroit Auto Show:
While some Chinese automakers used the Detroit show to announce their intent on entering the U.S. market, Brilliance Auto - a newcomer to the North American International Auto Show - didn't. Rather, Brilliance vice president He Guohua said the show was "an excellent platform to measure our success by international standards."

To do so, the Shenyeng-based firm brought four models to Detroit: the M1, M2, M3, and FRV hatchback. Notably absent was the Jinbei minivan, a Toyota-derived minivan that's said to be quite popular in China since its introduction in 1992.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...14/363823.html

Chinese automaker Brilliance Auto, a partner of BMW, said it would boost sales to 300,000 units in 2009 through expanding production lines and launching new models, Beijing Youth reported, citing Brilliance Auto president Qi Yumin. For the year ending Dec. 28, Brilliance sold 285,119 vehicles, down 5% over the corresponding period of last year, while the carmaker initially set a goal of 10% sales increase earlier this year. Qi said the significant decline of Zhonghua Junjie, Brilliance Auto??s flagship, led to the failure of the annual sales target.Chinese automaker Brilliance Auto, a partner of BMW, said it would boost sales to 300,000 units in 2009 through expanding production lines and launching new models, Beijing Youth reported, citing Brilliance Auto president Qi Yumin. For the year ending Dec. 28, Brilliance sold 285,119 vehicles, down 5% over the corresponding period of last year, while the carmaker initially set a goal of 10% sales increase earlier this year. Qi said the significant decline of Zhonghua Junjie, Brilliance Auto??s flagship, led to the failure of the annual sales target.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Contributors

This car marker has a long way to go before their cars can be labeled "good"

BMW has their standards that Brilliance adheres to in order to have cooperation.

They have already tried to copy the 5 series, I wonder if their M3 will look anything close to BMW M3
Old 01-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='777130' date='Jan 25 2009, 06:36 PM
This car marker has a long way to go before their cars can be labeled "good"

BMW has their standards that Brilliance adheres to in order to have cooperation.

They have already tried to copy the 5 series, I wonder if their M3 will look anything close to BMW M3
There was a 30 minute preview on TV today that caught my attention. When I heard Brilliance it didn't mean much BUT then they panned the camera over to a red coupe and announced it was their M3. I almost hit the floor.

I Googled Brilliance and found there was a connection with BMW.

That said I can't believe that BMW would permit one of their most precious BRANDS "M3" to be copied by another company - I remember the noise they made when Infiniti did that with their M series cars. NOW a company in China.

The car was sleek and red ... and had a very BMW-like kidney grill. That seemed the limit of its resemblance.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='777151' date='Jan 25 2009, 04:22 PM
There was a 30 minute preview on TV today that caught my attention. When I heard Brilliance it didn't mean much BUT then they panned the camera over to a red coupe and announced it was their M3. I almost hit the floor.

I Googled Brilliance and found there was a connection with BMW.

That said I can't believe that BMW would permit one of their most precious BRANDS "M3" to be copied by another company - I remember the noise they made when Infiniti did that with their M series cars. NOW a company in China.

The car was sleek and red ... and had a very BMW-like kidney grill. That seemed the limit of its resemblance.

Youll find that ALL of the chinese brands quality is only surface level. Their interiors are poorly made and put together, constant highway vibrations and the Shuangyeng CEO has an old Mitsubishi motor that lags on the freeway.

However the outside looks good and looks like a X5.

I wouldnt be surprised if BMW ends up sueing Brilliance, but then again who would they complain to?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Senior Members

omg cant they invent names? even FRV ... there is an excisting car thats called honda FR-V T_T
As I remember Brilliance was in belgium +-2yrs ago, they didnt want to sell them bcuz there crash results came in very bad