Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

BMW concept 1 series tii announced

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Where do I sign up?

THE BMW CONCEPT 1 SERIES TII
10/24/2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agility, lightness, youthfulness and superior sportiness - all these features are presented and highlighted impressively in BMW Concept 1 Series tii. Based on the new BMW 1 Series Coup? being presented to the world public for the first time at the Tokyo Motor Show 2007, this fascinating design study is the consistent evolution of BMW's compact two-door with a clear focus on uncompromising sportiness. With its aerodynamically optimised body, a wide range of lightweight features serving to minimise the weight of the car and its axle load distribution, as well as an interior tailored specifically to the ambitious driver, this concept study clearly offers a high level of driving dynamics right from the start. BMW Concept 1 Series tii thus offers a very highly concentrated rendition of the brand's sporting genes, at the same time proving the dynamic character of BMW's compact two-door in offering the ultimate in driving pleasure.

Character:
? Design study based on the BMW 1 Series Coup? with an uncompromising focus on motorsport.
? BMW Concept 1 Series tii as a young interpretation of classic
BMW brand values.
? Implementation of specific requirements for motorsport ensured through the design of the car.
? Design study following the tradition of BMW's compact, light and extremely
sporting coup?s. The characteristic features of models particularly
successful in motorsport have gone straight into BMW Concept 1 Series tii.
? BMW Concept 1 Series tii underlines the extremely sporting potential and the youthful, temperamental character of the BMW 1 Series. The design study raises the focus on pure driving pleasure already associated with the BMW 1 Series Coup? to an even higher standard.
? As the fifth concept car presented by BMW in 2007 alone, BMW Concept 1 Series tii clearly demonstrates the exceptional bandwidth covered by
the world's leading manufacturer of premium cars. Following the
BMW M3 Concept Car, the BMW Concept CS and the BMW Concept X6/BMW Concept X6 ActiveHybrid, BMW Concept 1 Series tii stands
out as a unique symbol of maximum driving pleasure also in the compact segment.

Exterior:
? Through its unique, completely different design, BMW Concept 1 Series tii clearly emphasises its outstanding potential in driving dynamics.
? Optimised aerodynamics on the body with individual, distinctive
design of the front air dam, side-sills and rear air dam. Special gurney flaps generating additional downforce on the rear axle.
? Further enhancement of agility and efficiency through consistent lightweight engineering using carbon components inter alia on the engine compartment lid, the mirror caps, and the inlays for the front air intakes
at the side. Significant reduction of weight versus series production cars.
? Sporting, accentuated, contrasting and, at the same time, typical BMW colour scheme on the exterior and interior. The body colour Alpine White is combined with the very dark carbon structure of the CFP elements, with further highlights added in Blue.
? BMW Concept 1 Series tii takes up striking features of former motorsport models in many of its details: fins along the engine compartment
lid to optimise the flow of air, contrasting colour scheme on the engine compartment lid, decal strips on the roof of the car and the rear lid in contrasting colour, visible, open towing fixture.

Interior:
? Authentic interpretation of specific motorsport standards through the concept of the interior design as well as colours and material design.
? Sports bucket seats with integrated headrests and side airbags,
three-spoke sports steering wheel and gearshift knob with alcantara cover, model-specific door linings, door closing handles and armrest on the driver's side.
? The contrasting colour scheme (Black, White, Blue) and the various functions and features derived from motorsport also characterise the interior of BMW Concept 1 Series tii.
? The white rev counter highlights this instrument of particular significance in motorsport, the sports steering wheel with its white spokes and trim taking up the exterior colour scheme.
? Use of dark alcantara on the door linings and the instrument panel prevents reflections and accentuates the driver-oriented design and configuration of the cockpit. Alcantara on the seats, the steering wheel rim and the gearshift knob optimises side support and, respectively, the driver's grip.
? The newly developed structure tissue for the footwell accentuates the sporting and functional character of the interior.

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040974__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040975__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040976__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040977__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040978__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040979__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040980__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040981__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040982__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040983__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040984__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040985__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040986__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040987__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040988__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040989__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040990__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040991__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040992__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040993__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040994__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040995__custom_.jpg

BMW concept 1 series tii announced-p0040996__custom_.jpg
Old 10-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Way too cool !!!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, Black Diamond Trim, 6sp Sport Automatic with Paddles, M-Sport Package, Premium Package

Holy cow!! that is really nice.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i ZSP with Style 167 wheels

Interesting that BMW is resurrecting the "tii" designation. Note also the "mirror image" use of "tii" on the front bumper, as was done with the 2002 Turbo.

Lou
Old 10-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Dang it Rudy! you're too fast! I saw it earlier today but didnt have time to post it.

I think i want it...