Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

Big discounts on X3 in the UK

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 02:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope I don't upset Dr D or Flower Fred but I have found out that BMW dealers in the UK are struggling to sell the X3 and are discounting cars heavily. I have been told by an insider that some dealers in the country have up to 20 cars in stock and risk serious financial trouble if they don't shift them. It seems BMW GB miscalculated demand and forced their dealers to take a large number of cars for stock.

In order to shift these unsold cars big incentives are on offer particulary if you are in a position to conclude a deal before the end of September which is the end of sales quarter 3. Discounts of up to .... wait for it.... 13%!! ...... are being given on cars in stock. To further sweeten the deal BMW are offering the dealers the bodykit for free and encouraging them to ask customers to take the kit and pay for fitting and painting only. It seems that the marketing department feel that the car looks much better with the kit and want as many on the road as possible in this manner to generate positive interest.

To test the theory I asked a friend who lives in Scotland to go into his local dealers and try to buy a car with the discount. He visited 2 dealers in Edinburgh. The first denied all knowledge but the second confirmed both the high discount and free bodykit initiative. So if you are in the market for a small SUV strike now.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Sep 20 2004, 12:46 AM
I hope I don't upset Dr D or Flower Fred but I have found out that BMW dealers in the UK are struggling to sell the X3 and are discounting cars heavily. I have been told by an insider that some dealers in the country have up to 20 cars in stock and risk serious financial trouble if they don't shift them. It seems BMW GB miscalculated demand and forced their dealers to take a large number of cars for stock.

In order to shift these unsold cars big incentives are on offer particulary if you are in a position to conclude a deal before the end of September which is the end of sales quarter 3. Discounts of up to .... wait for it.... 13%!! ...... are being given on cars in stock. To further sweeten the deal BMW are offering the dealers the bodykit for free and encouraging them to ask customers to take the kit and pay for fitting and painting only. It seems that the marketing department feel that the car looks much better with the kit and want as many on the road as possible in this manner to generate positive interest.

To test the theory I asked a friend who lives in Scotland to go into his local dealers and try to buy a car with the discount. He visited 2 dealers in Edinburgh. The first denied all knowledge but the second confirmed both the high discount and free bodkit initiative. So if you are in the market for a small SUV strike now.
i hope they'll do the same in the states side :'(.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:19 PM

some dealers in the country have up to 20 cars in stock ? LOL LOL LOL

20 X3 is nothing. That will give the chance to a customer to pick one. When they have 200 in stock then I will panic.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:04 AM
Contributors

My dealer didn't have any info on this. He thought it was very unlikely.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

I was at the 1-series launch last week and my dealer also mentioned the bodykit special offer and possiblity of discounts for immediate orders. personally i'm not interested in SUV's but I do like the X3 and have to admit the one they had with full colour coded bodykit did look nice
Old 09-22-2004, 02:09 AM
Senior Members

I can assure you that the discount level is absolutely true. My friend has secured a spec changeable car at this level of discount and is getting a free bodkit with it.

I'm not sure where the guest who commented above lives but a stock of 20 unsold X3's to a UK dealer is a major problem and possibly represents the best part of a full year's allocation of the particular model. UK dealers do not hold high levels of cars for stock. The UK market place is very different to the US. Most cars here are factory orders as people like to spec their own options. BMW only tend to introduce option packs towards the end of a models life cycle to keep sales going. This has been done in the UK with the ES models on the 3 series and the recently launched Plus Pack also on the 3 series.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I hope they will have the same problem with the 1 series.. In that case I'm gonna get one for my wife right away...
Old 10-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2000 540.. M sport Pkg, Dunlop SP9000, X3 3L.

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Sep 20 2004, 04:46 AM

To test the theory I asked a friend who lives in Scotland to go into his local dealers and try to buy a car with the discount. He visited 2 dealers in Edinburgh. The first denied all knowledge but the second confirmed both the high discount and free bodykit initiative. So if you are in the market for a small SUV strike now.
[snapback]36312[/snapback]
I just bought and X3 3L in Canada and they offered me about 10% up front before I even asked for it, plus they threw in cargo liner and winter mats. So yes there are deals to be had on this car and it is a great little car for zipping around town.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:01 PM
JDN
Contributors

I saw many at BMW of Dallas yesterday with big VALUE PRICED stickers on every windshield. All were black.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Senior Members

i'm not sure about other states but in here, we have a very attractive lease offer for '04 x3 3.0. $369/24 months + $2,500 down payment. i think it's a very good deal .