E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Sport mode on a wagon

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 08:34 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 e61, added sport mod toggle switch
Default Sport mode on a wagon

Hey Guys,

I got my third bmw a few months ago and it's my fav! I had a 2003 525 manual for a few years and then some jerk crashed into me. I loved that car too. Would have kept it forever probably.

I just got a 2009 e61 and I freaking love it. I can fit a ton of stuff in it and it still drives like an absolute champ.

So yeah, I've already started messing around with INPA and NCS Expert. I got the aux input working and I can roll my windows up with the remote. Now I'm just looking for a weekend to replace my spark plugs (boy there are a lot of things you need to get out of the way to get to those bad boys).

I also added that "sport" mode button by shorting pins 7 and 8 behind the dash. I love it.

I've got a few little issues with my transmission that I'm trying to figure out. I suspect they may be software related (based on posts that I've read) but I just don't know yet. Often, but not always, when shifting from 2nd to first, the shift if a bit harder than you would expect. Rolling to a stop, you know? Also, apparently at random times, I get an awful transmission fault and the car defaults to 3rd gear and I need to shut it off for the fault to go away. I took it to a transmission shop and they were convinced there is nothing physically wrong with the transmission. I'm just hoping to gather more info and try to get a sense of what could be going wrong. - sidenote: it never happens if I'm shifting myself.

Okay, that's all for now.

C.