New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

Newboy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 520d M Sport, Deep Sea Blue, Beige Leather, Sunroof, Xenons.

Hello,

I have just placed an order for my first ever BMW, a 520d Sport in Deep Sea Blue with Beige leather and sunroof.

As excited as I am, I am also a little nervous as I have never actually seen the colour in the flesh!! On some of the photos I have seen it looks stunning, on others a little dull, some of the BMW web sites have it as a very bright blue and others the same as mystic blue. What have I bought!!!!

A friend of mine has just picked up a 3 series in Le Mans blue and that is stunning, if Deep Sea is anything close to that I would be happy!

Has anyone seen the colour and what was is the common opinion?

Any personally taken photos would be greatly appreciated, I find the official ones a bit too overdone and don't seem to show the real colours.

Thanks in advance,

Joe.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Many congrats on your new purchase - I think you'll love it. I've seen the colour in a showroom and it looked great although it was under bright lights.

I think with any of the BMW colours they show their best under strong light eg. when the sun is shining. I have an Olivin (not universally popular) which looks fantastic in the sunshine IMO but a little dull when not in bright light. I don't think the blue you have ordered will suffer in that way quite so much though.

I also have the 2.0d which is really strong for the capacity although you never really get the quoted economy as with all engines. But for a company car the tax take is very reasonable unlike the larger diesels and all petrols.

Are you from the UK and what options have you specified?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and congrats on the purchase. enjoy it once you get it, and it wont be your last bimmer either.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Awesome good choice!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 520d M Sport, Deep Sea Blue, Beige Leather, Sunroof, Xenons.

It is a full UK spec car although I am living in Germany at the moment.

It's pretty much as I said, Deep Sea Blue (Still not seen it!) with beige Dakota leather and brushed aluminium trim. We've gone for the sport model and added the visibility pack and a sunroof. Everything else is standard.

8 weeks to wait now!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Welcome to the best e60 forum in the world and have fun too