New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

newbie happy to be here

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Hi Folks,

First, I want to say that reviewing this forum is a great experience for an eager to learn person like me! I just bought a brand new 550i sport a month ago and I consider this site about 1000 times more effective than the manual...

So, to stay within my topic of conversation, Im here to point to QUAD_M and the products/service he has provided me. I have purchased his M-tech equipment (pictures to come shortly - its getting painted) and my body shop was blown away by the quality...not to mention his OVERNIGHT delivery of the product from Florida to Californina. The bottom line for me is that the body shop was pretty concerned about the potential extra work they would be up against fixing the flaws in the mold. They called me ysterday to say that they are ready for spraying - NO EXTRA WORK!

I ordered the M-tech wheels today from him - straight from Germany and here by Tuesday!

He appears to be a regular on this site but I still just have to 'gush'. Its difficult to find people that interested in pleasing the client and keeping pricing down to a managable level !

Look forward to many more postings on the site!

thanks!!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

everybody here knows that quad_m is the best seller of OEM products.Although i have never bought anything from him the reviews are reall really goo d
Old 10-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Contributors

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on a nice car with the M-Tech kit.. Your car will look amazing. Everyone here knows quad_m for all his work and kindness with everyone, also his very good OEM products. Keep it up Tony!
Old 10-14-2006, 05:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Welcome to the best forum on this planet!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Welcome Matt.

What M wheels did you order?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

I went with the 172s. I thought a long time between them and the 166 wheels.

My big thing was that the 275 wheels seem just too small for a 9.5" wheel so I wanted a wheel with the right offset to allow for a bigger tire size and no need to role the fender. I think these 172s allow for a better chance to do that...I ended up pre-purchasing 12mm H&R spacers from Tony too because I like the agressive stance of the wheel sitting right at the edge of the fender.

I know I may not be able to have the 285 and spacers as well...I guess Ill go through a bit of trial and error and hope for the best look possible.

here is where I got the wheels from QUAD_M:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...s_promot_widget
Old 10-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I love the 172's!

Non RF's I hope!?

Standard 245/35 F - 275/30 R would give you the best ride and handling!

You can always get rid of the spacers...
Old 10-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

yes...stepped away from the RFTs. My wife has a mini without a spare so one car in the family with those kidney killers is enough. A flat tire...isnt that what the SOS button is for?!
Old 10-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Welcome aboard!
Old 10-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard ! i thought you are from the dealer when i first look at your user name .

Quick Reply: newbie happy to be here